Super Contributor

What have you thrown away by accident?

I cannot find a pair of Kohl’s pjs I was going to return. They were still in their plastic bag and I was getting rid of a bunch of these bags and I think I tossed them by mistake. Luckily they weren’t very expensive. We are having storms today in PA so my dumpster dive in my townhouse trash shed was definitely a quick one. 😝It got me wondering what others had tossed by mistake and did they find it?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What have you thrown away by accident?

Bank envelope containing cash- found

Everyday silverware and Cutco steak knives- gone. Tossed over many years' time by accident, of course.

Esteemed Contributor

3 gold coffee filters over several years.

Honored Contributor

Diamonds! I had three certified loose diamonds, about 1/3-ct each, wrapped in tissue which I had placed inside a small box. One day I took them out to show them to a friend while we were having lunch at my house. I must have picked them up thinking it was a used napkin and tossed it in the trash! How dumb of me to do that. I still think about it to this day. 

Occasional Contributor

Oh my......threw away gorgeous Ceylon sapphire and Diamond ring.  Had cleaned it, dried off with paper towel.....yep, just threw it away!!  Thank goodness, it was insured.

Honored Contributor

@gellen 

Me? A $350 check. Kept the envelope instead of the check. Big mistake!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

SilleeMee !

I an relate to losing something valuable and also an heirloom.

Many years ago, probably the sixties, my grandmother gave me her diamond earrings.  They were wrapped in tissue paper and I was honored to receive them.  I had them in a bureau drawer for a long time.  One day I looked for them and they were gone.  I often cleaned out the drawers and the only thing I could think of is I accidentally threw them away during one of my cleaning times.  I was devastated and upset.  I never told my grandmother and she passed not knowing.  I don't think she would have been angry at me but to this day I still have sadness and regret over my negligence. 

Trusted Contributor

The remote control for my Dyson fan.  I never even got to use it once.  Had to order another one.  ):

Respected Contributor

Unfortunately, I haven't thrown ANYTHING out by mistake... or otherwise.  That's why I have so much STUFF!!!!!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

A few pieces of cutlery and a credit card that I thought was junk mail.