Esteemed Contributor

Re: What have you bought that changed your life in a good way.

I love my Roomba, my Echo, my gps, my tablet.  It's the humans and the animals in my life that keep me sane.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sharke, maybe, hair must be dark and skin, light. And the window size needs to be smaller because chin has more curves and angles than other body areas... The unit I have is Braun, but there are many other brands. Search IPL hair removers. Best of luck.

Honored Contributor

My Instacart grocery delivery service---No more shopping and lugging those heavy grocery items like 30lb cat litter tubs/bags and 16lb bags of cat food,  large containers of laundry soap, etc etc....all of which were beginning to bother my back and knees....I just make my selections on the App and select delivery day and time and that's it...The Service is excellent...

I do buy my produce at a Farmer's Market, and do shop for my meat (chiĉken or beef or turkey on occasion pork etc)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I'd have to say the purchase of the house we now reside in.  All three of our adult children are within ten to fifteen minutes away.  They all lived here first and although we were only about 45 minutes away, they wanted us closer.  We've been here for 14 years and it's been wonderful.  We don't intrude on them and they don't make demands on us.  However, when needed, we and they are always willing  to help out.  

Honored Contributor

@chiclet @Great subject. So many things in so many different ways!

Traing sessions with a personal trainer when I wanted to start lifting weights. Priceless.

Every Origami piece I’ve got! The practical organization freak in me would probably love an all-Origami home! LOL

My first pair of Sketchers. Go walks 2. And now they make Sketchers that I can actually wear to work!

My my first iPhone. Finally a phone that didn’t require constant calls to CS! And so much more!

Trunk organizers for my car. These were from Q a few years ago & they can be folded several ways. 

An epilator. 

Emjoi Micro-Pedi. This really rocks my world. Love being able to keep my feet looking good all the time. And so easy.

So much more...

Honored Contributor

When I was going through my divorce, I was given a bonus at a law firm I worked at.  I treated myself to the first Bose radio.  I also purchased a CD player to plug into it.  It brought me the best music especially Celine Dion's first album.  I now still own the Bose radio for my bedroom and I purchased the Bose radio and CD player in one for the living room. 

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

My Yorkies, hands down.  

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

In the year 2000 we bought a little fixer upper cottage on our favorite lake up north Michigan. Five years ago we had it torn down and rebuilt a lovely cottage. We never intended to live here full time but we retired and felt the best thing for us, financially, was to sell our downstate home and retire up here. We began our retirement debt free. We don't owe anything as all we own is paid for. We are living the rest of our lives happily in our lakefront oasis. Heart

Don't you just love Michigan!!  I'm so happy you and your husband got to do that.  I love that area, and we're headed up north in Oct. to see the leaves.  Then, we'll get to turn around and enjoy them back here at home.  

Respected Contributor

I would say my dogs too but I don't feel like they were a purchase more of an adoption.  They bring me so much joy and laughter but they also have altered our retirement in a bad way because travel has been limited.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

A computer in 1990.  I also ran the computer department at the accounting firm I worked for since 1980. I retired in 2004.

I can’t use the computer anymore, which is a huge loss to me.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986