Honored Contributor

Re: What have you bought that changed your life in a good way.

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

All of my dogs.  

@Foxxee  

We think alike.   Smiley Wink  I posted before I read the replies thinking noone was gonna say their dogs. I love that you said it too      Smiley Happy

Me too!  I thought I was the only one posting about dogs but I see I wasn't!

Respected Contributor

Ihave enjoyed my Rainbow bible that I bought.It has truly made a difference in my understanding of Gods word and the lessons he would have me learn.  It has  made a profound difference in  healing the brokenness that I felt after the loss of both my parents and my only sibling,my brother. 

Honored Contributor

Two things come to mind.

Swifter Wetjet and my slow cooker.  I'm not very "domestic."  I'd rather knit and read than clean or cook.

Swifter cut my floor washing time to practically nothing and no need to lug a pail of water.  

Slow Cooker ... cut my time in the kitchen.  And some of the dump cake desserts are delicious.  No way I'd bother baking a cake ... but the dump cake is just so easy.  Just "dump" all the ingredients in the cooker, turn up the heat and set your timer.

Honored Contributor

I don't know if it counts as a purchase but Amazon Prime has certainly changed and enhanced my life in more ways than I can count.  It still feels miraculous to me that I can find anything in the world that I want and then have it delivered to my home in 48 hours or less.  And there is Primenow where I can have groceries and host of other things delivered to me in an our or two.  And then there's Prime Video with all my tv shows and movies and there's Prime Music...omg....yeah and books that with a few clicks, I can have on my Kindle in a few minutes.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't know if it counts as a purchase but Amazon Prime has certainly changed and enhanced my life in more ways than I can count.  It still feels miraculous to me that I can find anything in the world that I want and then have it delivered to my home in 48 hours or less.  And there is Primenow where I can have groceries and host of other things delivered to me in an our or two.  And then there's Prime Video with all my tv shows and movies and there's Prime Music...omg....yeah and books that with a few clicks, I can have on my Kindle in a few minutes.  

@chrystaltree.  We have a few packages delivered every week. It is so convenient especially since we are retired. 

Trusted Contributor

My first car.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was thinking about this a couple of days ago:

My HOME --- bought it November 2000 - when the real estate prices were way down (southern Calif).

My DOG - my little 8-1/2 lb. lhasa apso --- she keeps me company and is my best friend.

My COMPUTER --- I feel like I could read anything and connect with various sites that I need to use. I've also saved thousands of $$$$$ placing free ads -- don't have to place expensive newspaper ads.

My FLAT SCREEN tv - in my family room and bedroom. Beautiful large screens and great pics.

Respected Contributor

Although they were not bought but rescued I have to say my guinea pigs.   My latest two were taken from a hoarding situation and were living in deplorable conditions.  

The first time they tasted veggies and had a bin of nice fresh hay I saw such joy in their faces.    

Just knowing that I made a difference in their lives brought such happiness to me.  

Respected Contributor

Buying our home in the country. It came with a German Shepard that the owner couldn’t take with him. Best dog ever. It is now time to move. It will be a very old house across the street from the ocean. Next door to our son who wants us near him. 

Honored Contributor

The very best thing I bought was service.  I got a local "mom" business to clean for me since I work full time.  If I hadn't, I would have only had one day a week because the other day was spent in cleaning.  

The advantage is the ladies love antiques, so they rub everything down with lemon oil!  They dust, change the sheets, change the beds, and mop. They're my angels!