Esteemed Contributor

Hi there Mellie32, don't know what is going on at the Q since I retired.  Living on a tight budget I stay away from shopping networks, don't want to be tempted.  Just stopped in to say hello.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@Mellie32  Not that much new to report--you will probably be able catch up quickly if you skim through your favorite topics.

The Holidays threads had some beautiful pictures that folks shared on how they decorated their homes.

Lots of people shared food and menu ideas in Kitchen and Recipes threads for the different holidays. 

Welcome back to the forums!

Honored Contributor

Hi Mellie.  Welcome back!   It will be rather easy to catch up on what has changed on QVC, such as what hosts are stil here, which ones are gone, etc. 

the dynamics on the board, and which posters are still around....that’s more complicated.  just ask, if you have any questions, and I’m sure someone will know the answers. 

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32.....things really haven't changed that much.  Do believe that there are some posters that have changed their nics thinking posters won't remember them.  But, they just can't change the way they post....we are too smart for that.

The moderators do a fantastic job of keeping the board cleaned up.  But then again, there are posters here that try to be monitors and report many posts as inappropriate.  That will never change.

But on the whole, it is still a good place to read and post if one desires to do so.  

It won't take you long before you are back in the groove....  Have fun.

Esteemed Contributor

Hey @Mellie32. Nice to see you. 

Re: slow board and missing posters...Some posters have found homes in other places, I’m sure. I know marp has another board and no doubt some of her friends here have followed her there. But they’ll pop in now and then to voice an opinion about some topics that interest them.  Although some who used to be here have been out right suspended for life.

As someone else pointed out, the mods here do a good job of keeping the board clean and friendly. 

If you see our mutual friend at debate politics, please let her know I said hey.   I don’t have time to keep up with the speed of that board. LOL!

Take care, and have a great 2019!

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

Re: What have I missed?

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda wrote:

Hey @Mellie32. Nice to see you. 

Re: slow board and missing posters...Some posters have found homes in other places, I’m sure. I know marp has another board and no doubt some of her friends here have followed her there. But they’ll pop in now and then to voice an opinion about some topics that interest them.  Although some who used to be here have been out right suspended for life.

As someone else pointed out, the mods here do a good job of keeping the board clean and friendly. 

If you see our mutual friend at debate politics, please let her know I said hey.   I don’t have time to keep up with the speed of that board. LOL!

Take care, and have a great 2019!

Will do.  I hope you're having a great 2019 so far as well.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@Mellie32.....things really haven't changed that much.  Do believe that there are some posters that have changed their nics thinking posters won't remember them.  But, they just can't change the way they post....we are too smart for that.

The moderators do a fantastic job of keeping the board cleaned up.  But then again, there are posters here that try to be monitors and report many posts as inappropriate.  That will never change.

But on the whole, it is still a good place to read and post if one desires to do so.  

It won't take you long before you are back in the groove....  Have fun.

I won't be checking in very regularly, but I'll come back from time to time to say hi.  Smiley Happy