Frequent Contributor

Re: What has your recent experience been with Uber or Lyft?

TY,Tansy..1st day here.am struggling through. 

I'll get it sooner or later!😉

Valued Contributor

@Mindy D  

My Lincoln auto dealer in Coconut Creek uses Lyft at their expense to take me to and from home when performing maintenance on my car. Recently my Samsung smartphone was left in a Lyft car when I was struggling with a seat belt. I remembered the drivers details but did not memorize his phone number. I contacted the Lyft customer service by email for help as I did not have a second phone. I was told they had contacted the driver, but never heard back from anyone. I had to lock the phone remotely and stop the phone service. Fortunately, I keep no financial info on my phone. Very disappointing. 

I also had an experience where a car showed up that did not match the car and license # sent to me. Walked away from that one!

Respected Contributor

I've never ordered a ride service for myself & my only experience with one was a few weeks ago when my car was at the Subaru dealer getting a recall item fixed.  I had dropped off my car & used their shuttle driver to drive me to my house & they'd call when my car was ready.  When my car was done, the shuttle driver was way on the other side of town & it would take an hour or so for him to get here, so they asked if it would be OK if they used a Lyft, so I said OK.  The guy was here in about 5 minutes & was quite pleasant & drove me back to the dealership about 7-8 miles.  The dealer covered the cost, so I don't know how much it was.

Honored Contributor

My car was in the shop a few weeks ago and I tried using both Uber and Lyft, but neither had a car available for the trip so I ended up walking the 3.8 miles to get my car back. We're a smaller county so there aren't many Uber or Lyft drivers. We could really use the service because there are no regular taxis and a very, very limited bus service that doesn't run on the weekends. On the rare occasions I've tried to use them there's never anyone available.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I use Uber alot--and it has been easy and all the drivers very nice and polite , cars clean and smell good and got to my appts on time; got home easily too.  Used Lyft once and never got picked up---had to cancel a very important, long awaited dr appt too. 

Honored Contributor

I took LYFT a week when I went into Boston for my mammogram.  It's easier and usually cheaper than driving myself and paying for parking.  I don't like driving in city traffic.  I hadn't take LYFT in a year.  I'm not afraid of ride shares.  I'm an adult and I how to negotiate ride shares.  We'd been hearing about waiting my car arrived in 15 minutes.  It was normal.  Clean, late model sedan.  Polite driver who wasn't the type who chat.  It was as good as it was a year ago.  My surprise was the COST.  It was almost twice what it usually is.  So expensive that I texted my BFF and asked her to pick me up when she finished work.  I chose sitting in th lobby for two hours over paying megabucks to get home.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Uber a lot since the pandemic. I have to go to NYC from NJ for doctor’s appointments and prefer not to use public transit at this time. I’ve never had an issue with the service. The cars are always clean and since the pandemic many drivers have plastic sheeting between the front and back seats and hand sanitizer dispensers. I’ve never waited more than 5-10 minutes but I am in a busy metro area. I have no complaints. In NYC for a return trip, I did have an issue one time but there are strange rules in NYC re pick ups to NJ and here in NJ I’ve not had an issue but my last trip to NYC the driver had a NY plate and said he wasn’t permitted to pick up but he did since he was going home. I’ve always had nice, courteous drivers