Honored Contributor

Re: What has caused or allowed you to develop patience?

[ Edited ]

So many of you have given me hearts here.  When I receive hearts I always go back to the post to read what others have added onto the same forum.

I did this here as well.  Pages and pages of us all over the country sharing unbelieveable life stories.  So many of us either being caregivers to loved ones who need(ed) us or those of us who NEED those caregivers. 

Sometimes the caregiver needs a caregiver! 

Unbelieveable stories of cancer survivors here - a few have especially so touched my heart.  Some of you have gone through this process more than once, one of you getting yet a second diagnosis while being treated for the first one.  This was the story with my husband as well.  Just when you think God has blessed you once, your oncologist tells you you are not quite finished yet.  Here we go again.  God chooses a few of us to test just how much stamina we have, doesn't He?  

Good thing I grew patience that first fateful day.  I grew yet more 8 months after my husband's first surgery. 

Bob's been in remission for 3.5 years now after his first surgery and 2.5 after t he second.  He gets stronger every day.  We're now on the 6 month plan visiting our lead oncologist for reports that reflect nothing.  NOTHING!!!!  No cancer, NOTHING!!!

My story of patience is one in a million.  There are a million more to go.   

Respected Contributor

Didn't look at the other responses.

In my case, it was being forced to accept changes that were beyond my control. Dealing with difficult people.

Praying for patience? Careful with that one, because you somehow will find lots "practice" and "life lessons" coming your way. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie  wow... just wow... and a life filled with good things is wished for you from me...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:
I have infinite patience for animals. People are my problem.

LOL, and I (mostly) agree, Bernie.  

Only because the people I do have patience with are (most, LOL)

children. 

Plus adults that are challenged in any way, and are therefore more vulnerable.

But as far has 99.9% limitless patience goes, it's always been with animals.  Cat Happy