Respected Contributor

What happens to the clothes?

I wonder what happens to all the clothes worn by the hosts/models after they've worn them???  Do you think they just put them back in stock... as new?  as "as is?"  Does anybody know or have any ideas?

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

Re: What happens to the clothes?

May be sold at the outlet store. Wait......do they still have outlet stores?

Super Contributor

HSN, QVC, and JTV all have "As Is" items and I have always wondered the same thing.

Honored Contributor

"As is."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchase a lot of the "as is" items, as they are usually 50% off and they look brand new to me when I open up the package. Since I have never had a problem with any as-is product, I assume I have been getting items that were used as samples on the rack, a model/host wore it, or they were on the shelves (think Dooney and Bourke!) to show the various colors available for the item.

Respected Contributor

Models are constantly changing their outfits so I'm not sure why they wouldn't simply be put back into stock, how many times do you think items are tried on in a department store?  

Since the hosts can keep their outfits on much longer, they probably go into the "as is" inventory. 

Honored Contributor

I think they are the As Is items where as the returns are the waitlist items.  

Honored Contributor

Some is sold  as is" some is sent to the outlet stores and some is sold by the pallet at auction.  

Many e-bay sellers buy pallets of clothing and other products from QVC and other retailers.

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

Models are constantly changing their outfits so I'm not sure why they wouldn't simply be put back into stock, how many times do you think items are tried on in a department store?  

Since the hosts can keep their outfits on much longer, they probably go into the "as is" inventory. 

@Bhvbum 

Maybe that is why some "smell funny" on receipt or they are smeared with lipstick, etc.  Everybody has their own body odor and people, even when impeccably clean, can be recognized by those who have keen sense of smell by their odor.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday    Just wondering if you notice these "funny smells" when you try on clothes in stores? I don't. But just recently I ordered a blouse from a B&M store and it had lipstick stains on the inside in 2 places and this blouse was not discounted as is.