Contributor

Re: What happens if a coronavirus vaccine is never developed? It has happened before

They will.

When is the question.

I would like to see a variety of drugs developed to work when a person first gets infected ( to be expected in the near future and beyond ). Those stats are slightly alarming to me.

Honored Contributor

Re: What happens if a coronavirus vaccine is never developed? It has happened before

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Well, I won't be sitting at home waiting for the government to tell me I can go out forever.  In fact, I have already been out and about many times already including today.  I'm not living my life in fear of this.  I'll wear a mask which is to protect YOU, not ME, so don't lecture me about possibly spreading germs.  This whole stay at home thing was never meant to eliminate the threat completely, just flatten the curve so that hospitals wouln't be overwhelmed.  As of today my entire county has had around 300 confirmed cases and 4 deaths.  That's a pretty flat curve.  

Also, it appears that a lot more people have been exposed and never even developed symptoms according to a couple of studies.  To me, that's a good thing, and I have always thought it good to exercise our immune systems.

@Icegoddess 

Yeah, everyone making their own rules, that's the ticket!

It's what America is built on. Land of the Free; Home of the Brave.  Bring on the Boston Tea Party.

@Icegoddess   Totally different. 

@proudlyfromNJ, it's amazing that we have come to the point at which we have to encounter such foolishness, such a frightening perversion of our age-old slogans meant actually to unite us, not turn us into anti-facts/science provocateurs.

@suzyQ3 which of my facts are you disagreeing with?  The one about masks meant to protect the other person, not the one wearing it?  The one about flattening the curve to prevent overloading the hospitals not to eliminate the virus?  Or maybe it's the one about studies showing a lot more people have contracted the virus but showed no symptoms?  All of those have been reported on the news by the scientific community.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Well, I won't be sitting at home waiting for the government to tell me I can go out forever.  In fact, I have already been out and about many times already including today.  I'm not living my life in fear of this.  I'll wear a mask which is to protect YOU, not ME, so don't lecture me about possibly spreading germs.  This whole stay at home thing was never meant to eliminate the threat completely, just flatten the curve so that hospitals wouln't be overwhelmed.  As of today my entire county has had around 300 confirmed cases and 4 deaths.  That's a pretty flat curve.  

Also, it appears that a lot more people have been exposed and never even developed symptoms according to a couple of studies.  To me, that's a good thing, and I have always thought it good to exercise our immune systems.

@Icegoddess 

Yeah, everyone making their own rules, that's the ticket!

It's what America is built on. Land of the Free; Home of the Brave.  Bring on the Boston Tea Party.

@Icegoddess   Totally different. 

@proudlyfromNJ, it's amazing that we have come to the point at which we have to encounter such foolishness, such a frightening perversion of our age-old slogans meant actually to unite us, not turn us into anti-facts/science provocateurs.

@suzyQ3 which of my facts are you disagreeing with?  The one about masks meant to protect the other person, not the one wearing it?  The one about flattening the curve to prevent overloading the hospitals not to eliminate the virus?  Or maybe it's the one about studies showing a lot more people have contracted the virus but showed no symptoms?  All of those have been reported on the news by the scientific community.  

You were being questioned on saying this erroneous statement, @IcegoddessIt's what America is built on. Land of the Free; Home of the Brave.  Bring on the Boston Tea Party.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm stunned this thread hasn't been locked -or shut down completely.

Honored Contributor

Life will go on like it always does. 

Super Contributor

If you knew what was in vaccines you would be happy if they never develop one.

Super Contributor

How many people in your husband's office have had coronavirus???

Honored Contributor

While I believe in the land of the free and the home of the brave, we are not free to harm each other.  For example...our right to protest...BUT....not without masks and social distancing.

Super Contributor

Everyone can have a say but... well there's always the TRUTH.  

Super Contributor

If you must wear a mask in social distance you're always free to stay home!