Respected Contributor

Re: What happens if a coronavirus vaccine is never developed? It has happened before

Whether or not there is a vaccine, there are therapeutics to treat the symptoms and shorten the recovery time.

Respected Contributor

Re: What happens if a coronavirus vaccine is never developed? It has happened before

Well that is real negative thinking. Just stop.

Not good for you or for any one else.

Think positive, no matter how hard that may be right now.

This is hard on everyone. It is effecting us all emotionally.

Stay positive. We will get thru this.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

Why would anyone but the most vulnerable put those ingredients in their body when 85% have no to mild symptoms, and doctors around the world are screaming their success with current treatments?  One nursing home cured everybody with the primary treatment, and another only lost one patient out of 88. 

Never, ever will this vaccine enter my body.'

Wow, ONE nursing home...out of how many across the country?  And while we're at it, who are these doctors you speak of?

There is no "primary treatment" nor doctors "screaming" as you very well know @Blahblahvampemer. You have yet to come back to answer any because you know your posts are just meant to incite.

This is so not needed. There is no time or place for any of it, especially now.

Posters are not stupid you know so give up your posts created to insure

confusion and anger, and create something worthwhile to someone, anyone.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

Why would anyone but the most vulnerable put those ingredients in their body when 85% have no to mild symptoms, and doctors around the world are screaming their success with current treatments?  One nursing home cured everybody with the primary treatment, and another only lost one patient out of 88. 

Wow, ONE nursing home...out of how many across the country?  And while we're at it, who are these doctors you speak of?

My guess would be Dr Phil...

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Didn't Hippocrates say "Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food"?

Since he was known as the Father of Medicine (not chemicals and drugs) I think I'll go with what he said.

Cat Happy

@jellyBEAN 

When you know which foods will cure someone of this virus, please let us know!

@QueenDanceALot   being nutritionally sound will strengthen your immune system.

@Ibby114 

I know.

Perhaps you haven't read about the overreaction of the immune system to COVID-19.  Have you read about a cytokine storm?

Things are not as simple as you might think.

Honored Contributor

There are way too many "experts" out there if you ask me.  I'm picking only 2 or 3.  Some of these so-called experts on tv (and all these talk shows) are just speculating all day long.  Just give me the data from someone who has actually seen the data!

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

My guide is Dr Fauci. He tells it like it is, even while some try to muzzle him. He said, first of all, that those states opening up too soon will see a second round of the virus by next month. He also said he was optimistic about the discovery of a vaccine because of the nature of the virus. I had a year of college biology a thousand years ago so my understanding is limited but I do believe what the doctor says. He never promises anything, as politicians often do. He tells the truth, as does my governor. Those are the two people I listen to most.

I'm in one of the states that is doing a slow opening.  

I'm wondering if there isn't going to be a second round due to this mask wearing.  All this on and off of masks without hands being washed all the time or masks being washed and touching ones face more has to lead to more problems.  

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

@RoughDraft, these types of statements remind me of the guy who was ranting and raving (I saw it shared on FB) about how mad he was because "a doctor" in CA was very effectively treating patients with quinine and a Z-pack.  I want to think he himself claimed to be a doctor but I cannot remember.  I remember him screaming and carrying on about why this wasn't well known and why this treatment wasn't being talked about.  He then went on to talk about how all we needed to do was buy and drink tonic water, etc.

It was so ridiculous.  I went to look up who the unnamed doctor was and I did find his name but he was treating people with hydroxycloroquine and a Z-Pack, not quinine found in tonic water.  This is the kind of idiocy that has been being spread around.    

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Well, I won't be sitting at home waiting for the government to tell me I can go out forever.  In fact, I have already been out and about many times already including today.  I'm not living my life in fear of this.  I'll wear a mask which is to protect YOU, not ME, so don't lecture me about possibly spreading germs.  This whole stay at home thing was never meant to eliminate the threat completely, just flatten the curve so that hospitals wouln't be overwhelmed.  As of today my entire county has had around 300 confirmed cases and 4 deaths.  That's a pretty flat curve.  

Also, it appears that a lot more people have been exposed and never even developed symptoms according to a couple of studies.  To me, that's a good thing, and I have always thought it good to exercise our immune systems.

@Icegoddess 

Yeah, everyone making their own rules, that's the ticket!

It's what America is built on. Land of the Free; Home of the Brave.  Bring on the Boston Tea Party.

@Icegoddess wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Well, I won't be sitting at home waiting for the government to tell me I can go out forever.  In fact, I have already been out and about many times already including today.  I'm not living my life in fear of this.  I'll wear a mask which is to protect YOU, not ME, so don't lecture me about possibly spreading germs.  This whole stay at home thing was never meant to eliminate the threat completely, just flatten the curve so that hospitals wouln't be overwhelmed.  As of today my entire county has had around 300 confirmed cases and 4 deaths.  That's a pretty flat curve.  

Also, it appears that a lot more people have been exposed and never even developed symptoms according to a couple of studies.  To me, that's a good thing, and I have always thought it good to exercise our immune systems.

@Icegoddess 

It's what America is built on. Land of the Free; Home of the Brave.  Bring on the Boston Tea Party.

@Icegoddess 

No, America was not built on everyone making their own rules.

SMH

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess 

@Icegoddess   Totally different. 

@proudlyfromNJ, it's amazing that we have come to the point at which we have to encounter such foolishness, such a frightening perversion of our age-old slogans meant actually to unite us, not turn us into anti-facts/science provocateurs.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland