Honored Contributor

Re: What happened to the "normal" size TP roll..it's .Mega Rolls Now😯😯

I will only buy the Mega rolls (Northern Ultra-Plush, thank you very much). No problems on our toilet paper holders, and they are many years old.

@Kachina624, one-ply??????????? Oy.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

you are correct that's what we grew up on Scott single ply and no substitutes.  Heaven forbid my mother bought 2 ply..

Oh you have no idea how many funny memories your post about "select a size" has evoked in my mind ... because we had septic system -- boy many things must not be good for them🤷‍♀️

Only allowed to washed clothes twice/week and full loads.  The best one thou, We begged to get a dishwasher but he always said NO because of the septic.   our new kitchen was completed and we had a dishwasher, my brother & I jumped for joy no more arguing over whose washing & whose drying.

My dad gave us a lesson like we were going to be brain surgeons how to use it ..he was at Indy 500 (he was an official) we had to call him as my brother filled the soap dispenser with liquid laundry detergent . the whole kitchen was filled with bubbles and soapy water --  .I can't even tell you right now how I'm laughing because we got the "lecture" & more.  

We never were allowed to use the dishwasher again 

It wasn't easy being the plumbers kids😉

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   I think there's not much choice because even before the hoarding that the pandemic caused, the TPM factories were already running at capacity 24/7.

maybe when the hoarding really stops, we'll see some choice.  Hope so because my bathrooms have holders molded into the vanity walls-  no space for an extender.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@homedecor1   I've had plumbing problems in two homes (no septic tanks) and have had plumbers in both cases recommend single ply Scott 1000 TP.  I still use it.  It disintegrates instantly. 

@Kachina624    I use it, too.    Kroger has a "version" that's about the same.   Recommended by the person who sold me the house.   It has something to do with lousy sewers in this neighborhood.   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi   I bet you'd agree, it's all about what you become accustomed to.  Now I prefer the single ply.  The 2-ply feels too bulky. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi   I bet you'd agree, it's all about what you become accustomed to.  Now I prefer the single ply.  The 2-ply feels too bulky. 

@Kachina624     Oh YEAH .....  I sure do agree.....and the rolls last a whole lot longer, too !!!!    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

I am just grateful we are able to get it! 😂

Trusted Contributor

If you don't like the mega rolls, you most likely won't like the "Forever" rolls......

freedom_roll_lifestyle_multi_800x800__95555.1538766996.1280.1280__35302.1562720380.jpg

Honored Contributor

It looks like we're all having a big Saturday night.  Three pages and 28 posts about TOILET PAPER!!!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  Well, maybe we could kick it up a notch and start the TP "over" or "under" debate!  I'll start....over!  😀