Honored Contributor

I never bought either of the brands Sally repped but I enjoyed watching her.  The most memorable to me was when QVC used to do the Christmas programming and Sally and her mother were cooking in the kitchen.  What an enjoyable segment!

Honored Contributor

I liked Sally, but her disparaging comments about Earth [since they let her go], and learning here she did the same thing when Birkenstock let her go is -- tacky in my opinion. Yes, anyone would feel that way I'm sure, but not everything should be broadcast on social media.   

It's not only about burning her professional bridges.  But it shows the next employer what her character is like, and perhaps not invest a long-term profitable contract with her.  

I don't blame her one bit for feeling the way she does. I'd feel the same way.  But I would not throw rocks, in public.  Just my opinion..

Sally is on Facebook doing Lug "dance parties."  I hope that will be successful for her.  

Regular Contributor

What happened to Leilani from Ryka?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I liked Sally, but her disparaging comments about Earth [since they let her go], and learning here she did the same thing when Birkenstock let her go is -- tacky in my opinion. Yes, anyone would feel that way I'm sure, but not everything should be broadcast on social media.   

It's not only about burning her professional bridges.  But it shows the next employer what her character is like, and perhaps not invest a long-term profitable contract with her.  

I don't blame her one bit for feeling the way she does. I'd feel the same way.  But I would not throw rocks, in public.  Just my opinion..

Sally is on Facebook doing Lug "dance parties."  I hope that will be successful for her.  

@Caaareful Shopper   I agree with you. Especially since the Earth brand is still sold on QVC. So basically she was not telling the truth when she did rep the Earth brand shoes??? Interesting! 

Esteemed Contributor

@care giver wrote:

Earth shoes are not comfortable to me.

I have never bought a pair. Pre covid, I tried on several different ones in town, I never could find a pair that felt good. I wonder what it is, some people certainly do love them. I do think a lot of them are very cute.

Honored Contributor
@wvumountiefan. Yes it means she was lying the whole time during her sales pitches. Which means I wouldn't hire --or watch her -- for anything. Too bad because I usually watch Lug presentations but won't now if she is selling them.
Honored Contributor

Hate to break it to you but sales people never tell you how they really feel about all the items they sell. It's nice when they actually enjoy or appreciate what they sell, but that is not the job.

Likewise, a good sales person can sell you anything. So Sally will surely land on her feet.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Re: What happened to Sally

[ Edited ]

What did Sally lie about? 

She threw out her Earth shoes because they were no longer comfortable.  It was a reaction to being hurt for being let go.

She didn't say they were never comfortable.

I am amused that some will not watch a LUG presentation now because Sally would be a liar. 

She is a salesperson.  I am sure the hosts do not wear everything they gush over-such as "I own more than one".

It's the world of sales.  Deal.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper   I absolutely agree with you.  She might be more employable if she didn't publicly burn her bridges behind her.  It's childish and very unwise.  She's somewhat of a smart  aleck who needs to keep her mouth shut.  That may be why she was fired.  I wouldn't hire her on a bet.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

What did Sally lie about? 

She threw out her Earth shoes because they were no longer comfortable.  It was a reaction to being hurt for being let go.

She didn't say they were never comfortable.

I am amused that some will not watch a LUG presentation now because Sally would be a liar. 

She is a salesperson.  I am sure the hosts do not wear everything they gush over-such as "I own more than one".

It's the world of sales.  Deal.  LOL

the point is.......

not everyone who is a sales rep goes on to "trash" every line that they previously represented. in fact, i think it is pretty unusual......especially with qvc reps (who do have a tendency to move around.)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein