Respected Contributor

Re: What happened to Moderator explanations for deletions?

@CCC1 wrote:

@skuggles wrote:

I've noticed two of the threads  to which I replied were removed in their entirety with no explanation, as opposed to the method stating: This thread has been moved" Does anyone know how this works? Or has this been going on all along, and I just didn't notice? Some title left "thread moved", and others just removed entirely with no notice?

skuggles, was one of those threads my Hsn thread? I can't find that thread!  Why is it gone?!

No I wasn't referring to that one. But I guess that one was closed too? One of the threads totally disappeared as far as I can see. The other was removed for a time, then returned closed with the explanation that it "may" be controversial. 

Occasional Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:

@CCC1 wrote:

@skuggles wrote:

I've noticed two of the threads  to which I replied were removed in their entirety with no explanation, as opposed to the method stating: This thread has been moved" Does anyone know how this works? Or has this been going on all along, and I just didn't notice? Some title left "thread moved", and others just removed entirely with no notice?

skuggles, was one of those threads my Hsn thread? I can't find that thread!  Why is it gone?!

I see the "HSN Community thread on the 3rd page of 

Community Chat and it says it was 

removed because it was "inappropriate topic"

@CCC1.

Thanks for the update.  It was not inappropriate.  Looks like the mods here are as tightly wound as the mods over at the aforementioned community.

Respected Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

the explantion has been replaced by............"because"...............LOL.......which when you think about it can be a whole lot more fun and something to laugh about, then an actual reason.........................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@skuggles wrote:

the explantion has been replaced by............"because"...............LOL.......which when you think about it can be a whole lot more fun and something to laugh about, then an actual reason.........................................raven

That "because" reminded me of my mother always saying "because I said so."

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@skuggles wrote:

That "because" reminded me of my mother always saying "because I said so."

I came up with that one and a host of others

because I want to

because I said so

because your father says

because I say

because I don't like you

because you hit your sister/brother

because you're grounded..........or in this case banned lol

this could be a fun thread to start and maybe even helpful to the mods LOL...................................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Trusted Contributor

Good one Raven.

Respected Contributor

I had a thread removed but I searched and found it the date for removal  was backed to july when I posted on it in august and the reason was for becoming unkind.  you can search the moderators name under users just like regular posters just make sure you put -qvc with their name.

To me any thread where people disagree or have different opinion can be noted as unfriendly or unkind.  I can take people disagreeing with me because I know no matter what you post someone will disagree just to  disagree.

To me it is not someone starting a thread that they know will be taken down it is the regular posters that go and knock anything they don't like to get the thread taken down.  To me the moderators let the bullys win when they take the threads down.

Plus I don't know why they use the hearts if they remove them when the thread is removed.