Respected Contributor

What happened to Moderator explanations for deletions?

I've noticed two of the threads  to which I replied were removed in their entirety with no explanation, as opposed to the method stating: This thread has been moved" Does anyone know how this works? Or has this been going on all along, and I just didn't notice? Some title left "thread moved", and others just removed entirely with no notice?

Honored Contributor

Re: What happened to Moderator explanations for deletions?

I think some threads just fall off the horizon because of lack of interest/replies........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I don't know which exact threads you are referring to, but I think that before entirely deleting some threads, the moderators remove them first for review. They may reappear.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Usually when someone complains a thread has disappeared, it's there but they aren't looking in the right place.  The mods are very open about the ones they delete.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

My former company called it "Cost Reduction". I referred to it as "more work for remaining employees"

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I also notice some of the closed or poofed

ones get moved from the first page of the 

forum to several pages back so it looks 

like the thread went away with no explanation 

but really it's on page 3 or 4 or 5.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

@Adelina ... I think you are right. One of the threads was removed, but has now returned with just the title and the comment that it may be controversial.

Thank you for your replies everyone. I was hoping the moderator might chime in too. 

Occasional Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

I've noticed two of the threads  to which I replied were removed in their entirety with no explanation, as opposed to the method stating: This thread has been moved" Does anyone know how this works? Or has this been going on all along, and I just didn't notice? Some title left "thread moved", and others just removed entirely with no notice?

skuggles, was one of those threads my Hsn thread? I can't find that thread!  Why is it gone?!

Respected Contributor

@CCC1 wrote:

@skuggles wrote:

skuggles, was one of those threads my Hsn thread? I can't find that thread!  Why is it gone?!

I see the "HSN Community thread on the 3rd page of 

Community Chat and it says it was 

removed because it was "inappropriate topic"

@CCC1.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CCC1 Are you referring to this one?

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Hsn-community-chat-site-forum/td-p/2031622

It says it was removed because it's an inappropriate topic.

There's a thread in TV forum that just says, "This post was removed by QVC because" but it doesn't provide a reason--like the mod was in a hurry or perhaps doesn't know why?  Smiley Happy  Some posts disappear without a trace like they were never there. Others say, "This post has been removed by QVC" without providing any reasons.

I've made the same observation @skuggles has made in that sometimes there aren't any reasons provided while other times there are.