Valued Contributor

Just checked my page and it looks completely different (photos are large and blurry) and everything has changed. Does anyone know if this is a permanent change or if something has gone wrong? I wasnt even able to get on earlier today and Facebook disappeared from my bookmarks!

Respected Contributor

Re: What happened to Facebook?

Mine looks ok now.  They were down for awhile today

Respected Contributor

My FB is fine again too, just their problem I guess. It is funny how I take things for granted and may not even look at it until the day I want to and it is down.

Woman Sad

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Facebook experienced a major, major, major problem on 9/24/15.  It was so complex that they had to switch to limping along on a modified version of the site until they can clean up the mess.  No doubt we'll see a lot of fits and starts while they try to recover.

Smiley

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I am not having any problems, but it does not update very quick anymore!

Honored Contributor

September has not been their month. My phone app worked while my desktop version did not, which was interesting.

Here's an article from today's outage: http://venturebeat.com/2015/09/28/facebook-has-now-gone-down-three-times-this-month/

Honored Contributor

If you haven't tried it yet, this is  one of my favorite websites to check when you think a site might be down:

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Enter the URL and it will check it out and let you know if the site is down for everyone or if it's just you that can't access it. That let's you know if something is broken on your end that needs to be addressed or if it's something you'll just need to wait out.

Honored Contributor

No problems here - I'm not on Facebook.  And glad of it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

If you haven't tried it yet, this is  one of my favorite websites to check when you think a site might be down:

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Enter the URL and it will check it out and let you know if the site is down for everyone or if it's just you that can't access it. That let's you know if something is broken on your end that needs to be addressed or if it's something you'll just need to wait out.

Good reminder, @ChynnaBlue!  What I usually do is just go to the search engine and type in the name of the website and then the word "down?" to see what's going on.   Like "Facebook down?" or "Hotmail down?", that sort of thing.  There are several websites which will show up as results of the search, and they don't always provide the same info so clicking on more than one of those usually gives a good overall picture of site status.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue, thanks for that link!  I bookmarked it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau