Honored Contributor

Re: What gives with this lady anyway?

suzyQ3

Morris Stoloff did the Moonglow/Theme from Picnic and you can look it up on U-tube.  I think it is mainly referred to as Moonglow which is the first part of the dance scene.  When the orchestra comes in it is Picnic.  I love the them song and that dance scene in my opinion is the best.  I always get chills when I watch it.  I am right along with you stating Picnic is an all time favorite  and it is a certain time and place in history.  I saw it in the movies as a young girl and loved it and still do as much as the first time.

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

I read he left his first wife for Ava Gardner and later regretted it. They fought all of the time. I don't think he could stay faithful to anyone. 

Respected Contributor

Ava Gardner was stunningly beautiful.

Honored Contributor

I'm very confused......why is OP bashing Ava Gardner?

Super Contributor

I've always thought she was stunningly beautiful, and I loved her in "Night of the Iguana " with Richard Burton. (I think Elizabeth Taylor tagged along on set, just in case!)

Valued Contributor

Ava not pretty?  I so wish I had that issue.  Ironically on our way to the beach, we stop and visit her gravesite.  Men went crazy during WWII over Ava and she was a class act.