Frequent Contributor

Re: What gives with this lady anyway?

@songbird - You wrote "Poor guy - little did he know". What didn't he know?

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Didn't she die of Alzheimer's?  Or am I thinking of some other movie star he was involved with?  

I don't know.  He was involved literally hundreds of women.  That little did not know how to quit with women.  He was no bbeauty, but people rave about Ava Gardner.  I admit I never saw her in movies.  But she just looks like an average pretty dark haired woman.

Trusted Contributor

Ava Gardner was a goddess, in the looks department anyway.  She even played Venus in a wonderful old romantic comedy "One Touch of Venus".

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Didn't she die of Alzheimer's?  Or am I thinking of some other movie star he was involved with?  

@depglass, don’t know if Ava had Alzheimer’s, but Rita Hayworth did, the press often thought she was drunk, I guess early onset of this hideous disease.

Honored Contributor

@depglass: I think you are thinking if Rita Hayworth. Her daughter cared for her in her later years.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

Thank you for straightening out my memory.  

Honored Contributor

@cottoncandi wrote:

@songbird - You wrote "Poor guy - little did he know". What didn't he know?

A disaster.  She broke...no smashed his heart.  But it did create a beautiful song.....

Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Yep.  She was supposed be very beautiful. He carried a torch for all his life.  Sad.  She broke his heart.  I don't see the obsession.  She looks like an average women.  Nothing special...

@songbird If you think that looks alone are what make a man love you, then you’ve never really been in love.

Honored Contributor

I Googled Ava Gardner cause of death and she died of pneumonia.  They also list a few other major stars' cause of death if one is interested.  

Honored Contributor

I’ve read the original post twice and am still confused. And the thread title....”what gives with this lady anyway”.  What does that mean?  There are no words. 

So only the “beautiful people” deserve to find love and be loved?  

This is one of the most bizarre, makes no sense, threads I’ve ever read on these boards.  And insulting. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?