Honored Contributor

What gives with this lady anyway?

She was the only one for Frank Sinatra despite all the better looking women he dated.  So obssessed with her, he wrote a song I'm a fool to want you.   Well he probably wrote the lyrics.  Someone else did the music.  Frank was known for singing, not song writing.  Anyway she was "pretty" but not drop dead gorgeous.  Great song by the way.

Here they are preparing for their wedding.  From Lost in History.  A women a man carried a torch for.  Poor guy.  Little did he know....

Honored Contributor

Re: What gives with this lady anyway?

i cannot see your photo in your initial post. which woman are you talking about?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i cannot see your photo in your initial post. which woman are you talking about?

@sunshine45- The photo shows. Frank with Ava Gardner,  Who was a stunning looker.

Trusted Contributor

I can see the photo just fine and I still don’t know who you’re talking about. That woman is not someone I recognize. Is she still alive? Frank Sinatra died 20 years ago. Is this mystery woman  relevant to anything happening today? 

Frequent Contributor

I don't understand what you are saying, but if you are questioning Ava Gardner's looks, you need to have your eyes examined.  That said, do you truly feel that only the drop dead gorgeous are worthy of love?  And, by the way, Frank never won any beauty awards.

Honored Contributor

Ah, Ava Gardner.  Aside from the merits (or lack thereof) of the Ava-Frank pairing, I find her to be stunningly beautiful.  To me she has a vivid, one-of-a-kind presence on screen.

Honored Contributor

Yep.  She was supposed be very beautiful. He carried a torch for all his life.  Sad.  She broke his heart.  I don't see the obsession.  She looks like an average women.  Nothing special...

Honored Contributor

Didn't she die of Alzheimer's?  Or am I thinking of some other movie star he was involved with?  

Esteemed Contributor

Don't you just love these puzzle postings?    What didn't he know........?

I recognize Ava  - what's the point?

He was a skinny little guy - don't know what she saw in him

Let's make postings 'clear' - going forward

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45- The photo shows. Frank with Ava Gardner,  Who was a stunning looker.

thanks @qbetzforreal Woman Happy

(for some reason there is just a little box where the photo is supposed to be. not sure why i cannot see it on my laptop?)

i have always thought that ava gardner was GORGEOUS!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein