Esteemed Contributor

Re: What does your name mean? Do you like it?

My name means noble, its ok. I have only known one other person with my name, and she is an elderly lady who is a doll. She works at Kroger. 

I remember a man I was working with telling me I didn't look my my name. He thought I deserved a better name, I think. LOL. 

Esteemed Contributor

I remember meeting (and getting to know) a man named "Sonny".  Come to find out, his real name was Millard.

Meet Sonny's son, "Bubby".  His real name?  Millard.  I guess I like my name enough to keep and use it.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@jubilant -- Think again.  My family called me by my middle name.  When I started school, everyone (teachers and kids) called me by my first name.  All my life, some people call me one name, some call me another.   It's been more than confusing.  I prefer my first name -- it derives from the name of a flowering shrub (but that's not why I like it).

——————

I’ve always been called a nickname of my middle name LOL. And to keep it interesting, DH and I have different last names.  The biggest hassle is when they call my name at an office and I sit there for a second without responding 😄.

Respected Contributor

@happycat wrote:

My name means noble, its ok. I have only known one other person with my name, and she is an elderly lady who is a doll. She works at Kroger. 

I remember a man I was working with telling me I didn't look my my name. He thought I deserved a better name, I think. LOL. 

When I looked up mine it said it meant the same. I didn't find the meaning particularly exciting. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was named after a song my mother liked.  I guess it means she liked me too.

Since it is the only name I have ever answered to, I like it fine.

Trusted Contributor

mine means queen. 🤨 i'm so not my name 

Esteemed Contributor

My name means "beautiful".  Well, not to brag but.....LOL!

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

My name means "beautiful".  Well, not to brag but.....LOL!

@LindaSal 

Considering that I have the same

first name so does mine!  Cat LOL

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@happycat wrote:

When I looked up mine it said it meant the same. I didn't find the meaning particularly exciting. 

Me either 

Honored Contributor

I have never liked my name. It's very old fashioned. I don't care for the meaning of it either. By the way, my real first name is not Wilma. That was the name of my first dog. I don't use my real name on social media.