Esteemed Contributor

Re: What does the inside of your car tell others?

I identify with the tidy people. 

Husband drives a lived-in truck. Not dirty, but borderline. He drives his messy truck to corporate office at engineering firm. Makes me laugh. I like to hum the theme song from Sanford & Son TV show. He knows what that means.      

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I drive a 4 Runner.  In the passenger seat, is a basket with tissues, my CD's, lotion, and a note pad.  I'm hardly out of it and being organized helps me with the constant legal pad in my head!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@06greatwife wrote:

The inside of my car would tell others that I have a really good husband who faithfully cleans it every week. 

I need one of these!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My car would say it's "fashionably casual"😀

also have everything you would need for emergencies and well anything else-

need a can opener? I've got it. Tourniquet?.

got that too! Knee or wrist pads?-let me lend you a few. 

And definitely needs vacuuming but I really don't like to do that.

I also have acquired a spider that every morning no matter how many times I clean off the cobwebs it makes, he makes them  again on my drivers side mirror! I've seen him come out when I'm driving sometimes, then run back inside the mirror. So he is on the outside. I keep thinking won't he get tired of doing this every night?! This has been for almost a month! know I could probably put a hose on there, but I just can't do it.

When I first saw this thread, I thought what can you say about a car? Apparently a lot of interesting things! So much fun to read everyone's responses!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

My dashboard gets a bit dusty from time to time but basically the interior of my car says neat and clutter free. 

We have have the same car.  The only thing on a seat is a denim jacket in case I go inside someplace that is too cold.   And it's usually in the trunk.

Esteemed Contributor

The inside of my car tells the story that the owner sure has a very neat and clean car and if anyone wants a ride in it they better not make it dirty or leave a mess.   

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

My car would tell anyone they are inside of a reasonably nice SUV  I have a hanging sign on the rearview mirror of a cat hanging from a branch: "Get A Grip".  Other than that, It tells nothing of my character.  I clean my own car, DH cleans his own 2 vehicles.  I noticed the dog left a mark where she looked outside the window, I'll have to wipe that off next time I drive. The floors probably need to be vacuumed and the dash dusted and I'll get to it when I get to it.  No pefection award needed or wanted.

Honored Contributor

I don't have a car.

Trusted Contributor

Mine would say:  evidentially my owner has a serious case of OCD.  It is 3 1/2 years old and looks brand new both on the inside and outside. 

Trusted Contributor

you areen't a good housekepeer are you?