Honored Contributor

Re: What does the inside of your car tell others?

This is yet another issue that makes only having one car a PIA. I always kept the inside of my car very clean and neat - now I have to share with a slob. Lord help you if your driving along and pull the visor down to block the sun - a dozen things fall out in your face. Plus things are rolling around on the floor and get under your feet while your driving.DRIVES ME CRAZY.

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Other than a bit of dust and debris on floorboards the only thing it says is "take this stack of Library books in the front passenger seat back to the Library!!"

I use that armor stuff every other weekend on the inside but do not wash as much as I should.  After nine months cannot smell the new car smell much anymore, bummer.

Be glad smell is gone because it is carcinogenic....the chemicals used in manufacturing off gas are dangerous.  New car has windows down at night inside garage.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

My Highlander is neat, clean, smells good, and has a small styrofoam cooler of snacks in the event my husbands blood sugar drops when we are out.

Respected Contributor

my 4x4 says I am always prepared to go fishing or shooting...and I still listen to heavy metal music!

Respected Contributor

@06greatwife wrote:

The inside of my car would tell others that I have a really good husband who faithfully cleans it every week. 

Same here!   

Esteemed Contributor

That I have animals, although I usually only take them to the vet, and vacuum after that, I still find a stray hair here or there. Also I have kids in the car at times, when I pick up my neices from school, they left thier tiny stickers behind. Other than those, its pretty clean.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I am like @cotton4me...neat, clean, organized.   Winter can be tough will all the slush and winter yucky-ness

@cotton4me wrote:

My car would reveal that I’m an organized neat-nick who is also prepared for most emergencies. 

Last December, right before Christmas, I had my car detailed and it helped me get through that winter ick.  It was fairly clean for the next few months or at least cleaner.

Respected Contributor

Our cars are always tidy and clean both inside and outside.  Even in winter when my husband cannot wash them, they go to the car wash weekly.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a van and a sedan.  My kids call the van "a storage shed on wheels".

The sedan has nothing in it.  Guess I'm somewhere in between.

The van is also the "cat mobile".  My feral cats jump on the hood, then lay on the roof and watch the neighborhood.  There's always paw prints on the windshield where they slide down.

Respected Contributor

Mine shows I travel with my dog a lot.