Respected Contributor

Re: What does COIT charge for drapes?

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

Hasn't anyone had their drapes dry cleaned? 

Why can't you just contact the cleaning service that you're interested in tomorrow and ask them? There are a number of different variables that could impact the price. No one here could possibly know what they might charge you. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Draperies. From the sound of it, your draperies are literally puddling.

Honored Contributor

I don't have drapes on my patio doors.  I have the kind with mini blinds between the panes of glass.  Never use them as my yard is surrounded by a high, solid fence.  Nobody out there but a skunk.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think the OP needs to make a call tomorrow morning and get a quote.  How could anyone here give you an informed answer.   It makes no sense. 

Respected Contributor

Don't be so hard on the OP.   Many things are discussed on these forums from the casual to the serious. Thinking of it like chatting casually with friends, wanting to know opinions regarding her drapes, and just wanting to know if anyone here has had drapes cleaned and their experience with it.  Of course she can call & get a quote, etc, but maybe wants to see who's had it done here just to get a feel for the situation.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

A quick google search asking that question, it says that coit (never heard of them) charge $6 per ft for commercial drapery cleaning.  

So that would give you an idea?

If your drapes were made of cupro, you'd be able to wash them yourself right now!  Just kidding!Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Age of the drapes and whether or not the sun hits them daily and for how many hours may impact how they survive cleaning. In other words dry rot could be an issue. I would discuss all this with the cleaner before proceeding.
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D

I had 3 pairs dry cleaned, the lining shrank  🙁.

This was a dry cleaner I had known, and been happy with for years.

Hope you find a solution.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I am so sorry this happened to you.   I have had a slow leak we didn't know about that ruined half of our kitchen hardwood floors.  This stuff is maddening.  I am in California and used COIT many, many hears ago.  I have hardware and blinds now.

I have heard it costs 80-170@ pr depending on fabric, lining and such for COIT  They go by silk, cotton, polyester...and add costs from there. 

it might be a good idea to send to cleaners if possible as an alternative.  Just be aware that those carpet and drape cleaners companies start with a certain price per square ft.  Then they  add type of fabric, then if it has lining, etc.  kind of like carpet cleaning.  They advertise  a 99 dollar special,and it winds up being 200.  

We are in California, my daughter had Coit clean her couch a couple years ago.  Itwas 125 bucks.  The did nice job.  It was baby and toddler filthy

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I had  a small company that I found and they came to the house.  Usually they clean them then.  However, they did take the drapes down to take to their location to clean them.  They could not guarantee that the urine  (human) would come out, but they told me they tried a product that they had gotten from Dollar Tree and it worked on those stains!!  I was so happy.   It cost me $125 for two drapes (they weren't very wide).