Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you want for Christmas?

@Laura14

Can't we all line up for Justin?

I caught him on Ellen yesterday. He and his fiance rescued 2 senior dogs.  Adorable!

No mention of when the big day is for them.

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@Laura14

Can't we all line up for Justin?

I caught him on Ellen yesterday. He and his fiance rescued 2 senior dogs.  Adorable!

No mention of when the big day is for them.

@threecees  I don't know.....  @stevieb and @Annabellethecat66 will probably hurt you.  Smiley Wink

I have other men but there was a big discussion about him and his big day over there so you may want to scope out your competition if you haven't already.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

World Peace.... of course.

Honored Contributor

Health

Respected Contributor

I don't need or want anything material.

The only thing I want is for all of us to be together and happy and healthy.  Christmas is such a special time for us.  We have such good memories of the season, not just the day.

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Health

If i believed in Christmas miracles...that would be my wish too.....................with your health you can handle just about anything that life throws at you!!!...............Not everything..but most things!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

We're not doing the gift exchange thing this year. We don't need anything, and I don't think the people we usually exchange gifts with do either. It makes me sick when I see the piles and piles of gifts that are around the Christmas tree every year, while there are people so much in need. We are giving cash to our adult children as they are just getting started in life, but otherwise, we decided that what we would like to do is give all the money that we normally spend to charity instead. 

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Trusted Contributor

@Yardlie

I think that is wonderful! We do gifts for everyone, DH is big into Christmas like I am and loves to spoil me. And of course our children.

We are year long donators to a dozen charities. St. Jude’s , Shriners, Humane Society, ASPCA, Wounded Warriors, several local ones, etc. 

Every Christmas we also donate $1000.00 to the company that owns and runs the group home where our disabled son lives. The company runs many group homes.

Many of the residents of these wonderful homes are forgotten by family or no longer have any living family. They like to provide extra for them at the holidays and we feel blessed to be able to help. 

Honored Contributor

This was meant to be a joyous thread.  We all love our parents and we miss loved ones but this was suppose to be about you.  Don't take offense but this thread started to really get off track. and sad and that is not what Christmas is about.  It is a blessed holiday and the gift of giving.

kindness is strength