Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you want for Christmas?

@just bee  what's your address? When we get it I'll send it to you!  I hate snow. We may have flurries tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Just one simple thing - to win a large Lotto payout so that I can live independently and self-sufficiently in my own home, while continuing to help friends and family.

As far as “things” - there’s nothing that I need except one item expensive enough that I’d have to buy it for myself. In my living situation, and retired, I don’t need clothes. I buy simple jewelry, shoes and bags myself to my taste. I don’t have a house to buy for. So, kinda hard to buy for me, seriously. Gift certs for spas, massages, restaurants would make me happy.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@just bee  what's your address? When we get it I'll send it to you!  I hate snow. We may have flurries tomorrow.

@Mary Bailey

Send all rain and snow to Albuquerque.  We're getting a new roof as I type this, so you can keep the hail.

Our temperature will dip at the end of the week and we might just have some flurries here, too!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

This was meant to be a joyous thread.  We all love our parents and we miss loved ones but this was suppose to be about you.  Don't take offense but this thread started to really get off track. and sad and that is not what Christmas is about.  It is a blessed holiday and the gift of giving.

@Katcat1  Your intentions were well meant but if you preferred posters not to share about missing people then it would have been better to say so in your initial post.

When you say "what would you like" then it opens wide the door for people to post about what they want-and some do want to see loved ones just one more time.

Joy isn't something we can foster upon other people; and sadness at this time of year is abundant. 

I strongly disagree that Christmas is about gift giving.  Many people celebrate Christmas without gifts.  While I agree about the blessings of Christmas, I also disagree that one cannot express a wish, no matter how unrealistic, to be with somebody who is gone.

I see unrealistic gift giving, too, and that, to me, is just as sad. 

People can want whatever they want for Christmas; be it something simple, expensive, or something to soothe the heart.

If we are to view the holiday as blessed, then we are bound to extend blessings to those less fortunate, too, in all areas of life.

After all, the spirit of Christmas can hold everyone in their own way.

jmoymmv

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Super Contributor

A Himalayan cat withe longest hair possible!!!

Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

Aside from wanting to be with beloved family members, I want to get hooked up to the sewer system and ditch my septic system.

I'll bet no one else gives this answer!!!! 

Chances are you're correct, I don't know a soul that wants hooked up to the local sewer system.  Now that is a unique wish.

Trusted Contributor

@Moonchildeprayers to you that you get your own home.  

Honored Contributor

@fordtruck wrote:

@Moonchildeprayers to you that you get your own home.  

Thank you, @puttypiesmom, but I don’t think it’s likely. I’ve never been a lucky person ;-(

Trusted Contributor

Peace and more Linea.

Honored Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

@september wrote:

Aside from wanting to be with beloved family members, I want to get hooked up to the sewer system and ditch my septic system.

I'll bet no one else gives this answer!!!! 

Chances are you're correct, I don't know a soul that wants hooked up to the local sewer system.  Now that is a unique wish.

If you’ve never lived with the joys of a septic tank, you wouldn’t understand. Things that city dwellers put down their pipes without a thought are no-goes in a septic system.  Only certain TP, and only TP. Whatever else potty-related can’t go down. Most of our food “garbage” goes out in a garbage can, not in the garbage disposal. If it backs up, it may back up into bathtubs & toidies. Ours once backed up Xmas day morning when the man of the house was away. A heroic friend helped out.

@September8@Tyak