Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you want for Christmas?

An internet connection that doesn't s u c k.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

This was meant to be a joyous thread.  We all love our parents and we miss loved ones but this was suppose to be about you.  Don't take offense but this thread started to really get off track. and sad and that is not what Christmas is about.  It is a blessed holiday and the gift of giving.

ITA!  

@Katcat1

I was waiting for someone to say, “World Peace.”

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

This was meant to be a joyous thread.  We all love our parents and we miss loved ones but this was suppose to be about you.  Don't take offense but this thread started to really get off track. and sad and that is not what Christmas is about.  It is a blessed holiday and the gift of giving.

Since you put it that way, I want a million dollars.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would like to get a dog, a Frenchie.  I like that fawn color or white.  Alas, at least for now, we wouldn’t be able to walk and run with a dog.

Hmmmm, maybe we could get another kitty  I would love one from the Foster Kitten bunch. 

Super Contributor

I may have participating in the post derailment Smiley Embarassed.

Sorry about that!

I always look forward to the stocking my parents put together for all of their kids/grandkids every year. You never know what you are going to get when my Dad is involved lol.....one year it was cat toys (which by the way, my cat loved). Another year it was the old Gumby and Pokey toys, and little figurines from Rudolph the Christmas show that comes on television.

This year I am hoping for lottery tickets. We did that last year and it was a blast. Smiley Very Happy

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1  I still want the hot guy. 

But, since you want us to go for it, I'll take two now.  One for Christmas and one to ring in the New Year. 

The best date gets to spend Valentine's Day with me and make me very happy.  HeartSmiley Very Happy 

Honored Contributor

I would like to experience the joy and spirit of the Christmas season as I had as a child believing in Santa Claus with my family all together. Of course that will never happen. They are all gone and I have no children of my own so the wish remains forever unfulfilled. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am hoping that electric power and clean water are restored by then to  all of Puerto Rico. (It was only 24% restored as of yesterday.)

I was without electricity for a week after H. Irma and didn't get my phone or internet back for a month.  Even my own taste of Hurricane disaster, especially sweltering in heat, getting bitten by bugs, my cats getting heat exhaustion, and having critters invade the house, makes me know how bad things are for them---and for us in SE FL, clean water remained available.

I don't need anything.  Not the way that this island of US citizens does.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee Such a beautiful post!

Respected Contributor

Honestly, I don't know.  Things I have requested in the past DH vetoed.  May-be he is afraid what I would do with the chain saw and chipper shredder I have been asking for.  Perhaps he would be more amiable to getting me a decked out John Deere Gator Utility Vehicle, he could have fun with it too.