Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you want for Christmas?

There is this art deco diamond and emerald bracelet on 1st dibs I drool over. Of course it is the price of a luxury car so it looks like a candy bracelet and necklace suite would be just as good and tastier.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I usually like gift cards to Pier 1 or Starbucks.  This year I want Santa to bring my sister inner peace.  

Esteemed Contributor

I really just want to be with my husband and family on Christmas Eve like always. Christmas has gotten hearder for me since my grandkids are older and since my parents, aunt, uncles, have passed. BUT I make the best of it and still love and enjoy it for my kids and grand kids. 

In material things I sent my kids my annual birthday and Chrismtas list which has down Philosophy, music cds, some tv show dvds and gift cards to movies or out to eat. I really  have everything "material wise" that i need. Family is most important to me.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

I don’t need a thing!  My family always asks for a list,so since I don’t want “stuff” I’ll suggest a gift card. I really just enjoy being with my family. 

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ  You took the words right out of my mouth.  Totally agree.  Gotten to the point I turn on tv only to watch reruns from a better time. 

Super Contributor

My answer to this question changed after reading some of the responses on this thread, as well as the "what do you hate about the holidays?" post.

1. I want to fully appreciate and be grateful for the fact that all my immediate family members are still alive and here. My parents are still here. I want to soak up these moments and cherish every single bit.

2. I really wish that those that posted about being alone on the holidays would not be. I know everyone is all scattered all over the country, but I have been touched by those posts saying "come to my house, you're close by me". Those invitations are from the heart and just make you feel good reading them. I know to some people meeting people from an online forum might seem a bit out there, but it just might be a wonderful, fun experience.

Peace, love and blessings to all during the holiday season--however and wherever you spend it. Heart

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Super Contributor

@september wrote:

Aside from wanting to be with beloved family members, I want to get hooked up to the sewer system and ditch my septic system.

I'll bet no one else gives this answer!!!! 

@september My original answer was going to be having my powder room toilet replaced lol

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Trusted Contributor

I would like it to skip from December 1st and fast forward to January. Smiley Frustrated

I hate the holiday season. Always have, always will.

Scrooge here Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

All I would want is a heart felt gift picked out for me and me alone. HeartWoman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Snow on the Sandias

Snow.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~