Respected Contributor

Re: What do you usually do the day after Thanksgiving?

@Big Joanie I  have always enjoyed dinner food for breakfast, and breakfast food for dinner.

Respected Contributor

My DH & I are retired, Friday we were going out to lunch drove by the mall it was packed. You would have thought it was Black Friday, there must have been sales going on or something. We only buy for 2 people and send a check to my FIL that lives back east. I already have gotten a few things, adult children are hard to buy for. Got some things for their house and will get some gift cards & some fun stocking stuffers. Dh & I don't exchange anymore we usually get what we need or want threw out the year. I wait til after Christmas for that. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zaimee

We have 3 family birthdays around Thanksgiving.  Great niece onthe 22, niece on the 24 and mine on the 26.  So, I'll think of you on the 29th and send  you a happy birthday wish.  

Two of my sisters' 3 children were born on Thanksgiving Day, 3 years apart.  I call them our little turkeys.  Of couse they are in their 30's now.

To answer OP's question, I'm 72 and have never once gone out shopping on Black Friday.  I don't plan on starting now.   I'll watch college football, if there are teams that I like; I haven't looked yet.  We will head to the Santa Fe Plaza around 6 for the lighting up of the Plaza.  It is very festive and beautiful when they switch all of the lights on.  

Honored Contributor

Thanksgiving is just another Thursday in November in this house, and that Friday is just another Friday, which starts off as trash day.

It is usually a family pajama day.  I don’t shop, period, so I don’t even think about Black Friday sales.

Contributor

Would love to be in Santa Fe for the holidays....maybe some year ,till then I'll be there in spirit....enjoy the season in such a special place.

Honored Contributor

Eating left over desserts so they don't go to waste!  Forget tirkey, its the cakes and pies I am after.

Valued Contributor

@Bridgegal  A lot of Sagittarians in your family!

My daughter-in-law’s birthday is Nov. 23. She is having my3rd granddaughter on the 25th!!!

Have a happy birthday and Thanksgiving. A lot of celebrating for us!

Honored Contributor

Me...i stay home and relax and watch tv...like i do most every day!  lol

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Black Friday shopping isn't my thing, I'm not into the crowds and all the pushing and fighting. My normal WW meeting is on Fridays, I'm a Lifetime member and always attend my meeting.

Honored Contributor

Just hanging out with family and taking a few moments to look at online deals.

The few times I've done the whole Black Friday store madness deal was because there was one ringleader who was so desperate for the giant TV or whatever. We all got roped into it. And I have to admit the team-on-a-mission aspect with all the planning was really fun. It felt like being in an A Team episode.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr