Honored Contributor

What do you usually do the day after Thanksgiving?

We use to drive south of here and visit the stores (got out of town).  We had lunch at a cute and very good place.  It's a nice little drive and some quiet time.  Most of those stores seem to have closed and we can't walk around for so long anymore, so we kind of stick around the house and do our hobbies now.

But are you out shopping, or do you do a day-getaway?  Or whatever?

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you usually do the day after Thanksgiving?

No desire to fight traffic and crowds, I'll be goofing off on Friday.

Honored Contributor

I avoid that shopping day like the plague. I might order something online

Esteemed Contributor

I used to go out shopping and then have breakfast with my daughter....back when Black Friday was fun and people were couteous...

Honored Contributor

This is when I do my Christmas decorating.  I used to get it all done in one day.  Now, it takes me several.  Don't enjoy it much - a lot of work. But I do enjoy it once it is all done! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I avoid shopping or going anywhere on that day.  I may work on Christmas cards if I don’t get them done earlier.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

This is when I do my Christmas decorating.  I used to get it all done in one day.  Now, it takes me several.  Don't enjoy it much - a lot of work. But I do enjoy it once it is all done! 

I could have written this @AngelPuppy1 . This sound like exactly how I feel, think I might scale down this year.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I could have written this @AngelPuppy1 . This sound like exactly how I feel, think I might scale down this year.

@panda1234 

The heavy boxes, the million trips up and down the stairs -   ughhh! I am totally exhausted when I get done!  I love the coziness of it all, but honestly, it is a ton of work!!!!  Whew! Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way......

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I live rural. I'll be shopping in our local communities as it is our "Shop Local Weekend". So lovely shopping among the people I know. Helping their businesses, having the gifts I pick out wrapped right in front of me all with a bow and gift tag on top. Sipping hot cocoa, sampling homemade cookies...You haven't lived life until you've experienced small town living. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Every single year, since the late 70's, my sister and I have gone shopping on Black Friday.

This year, she's going to be in Europe with my youngest (adult age) nephew so I'm on my own.

I think I'll go to Target really early as there is one right by my house.  If they're offering it again this year, I want to make sure to get one of their coupons they give out (when you make a $50 purchase) for 20% off one total future purchase.  I did that last year and went back when the coupon started a week or so later and stocked up on our household stuff.  Saved A LOT that day with the coupon.

We have other stores near us also so that I don't need to go to the mall and shop.

I'll be finishing my shopping that day.  I only have my brother in law and my sister's 3 adult children to buy for.  I always finish on Black Friday.  Amazon will get a lot of business from me on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?