Regular Contributor

Re: What do you use duct tape for?

the 'duct tape' that we buy in stores should never be used to seal the seams in duct work, and should be professionally replaced with the proper stuff before it fails, if you do have it. {#emotions_dlg.sad}.

no, i don't know why they call it duct tape when it is no good for ducts, but if your repairman tries to use it, kick him to the curb.

otherwise, i can't think of much else we haven't used duct tape on, especially since it comes in colors. but as lakk said, extreme heat can make it get sticky/gooey and good luck cleaning that up.

john, if you had it in the house, i bet you would find something to use it for, it is just one of those go to items for home and garden and garage. when wrapped around,it sticks well to itself and is very strong.

when needed, a good marker will write on it nicely, we have rolls everywhere ! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

when teenaged dd crunched in her passenger door, the silver duct tape covered/sealed that up for a long time, and it matched her car.Cool

Respected Contributor

Duct tape is good to use on the feet to prevent blisters. You know how sometimes new shoes are stiff and rub on the back of the heel? If you think this will occur, cut a piece of duct tape to size and apply it to your skin. It is thin so it's not bulky, and very sticky so it stays on better than a bandaid. Do not apply it to blisters or cuts as it will pull the injured skin off.

Honored Contributor

To get rid of warts. It works wonders.

If duct tape can't fix something nothing will!!!