Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think you'll get for Valentine's Day, if anything......

[ Edited ]

The same things I am privleged to enjoy every other day, my husband's enduring love, respect, and companionship. 

Edited to add that @ three_cees, your furry friend is just beautiful!

Honored Contributor

Other than to wish each other a Happy Valentine's Day, it's just another day and not something we celebrate. 

Respected Contributor

Nothing I hope.  I feel bad because I haven't been out to get DH a card or small gift  (did send an e-card).

He asked me if I wanted chocolate covered strawberries from a local chocolatier.  I said "No".   I have started to be more mindful of my diet.  He is aware of that, but the thought was nice.

Flowers are a may-be and would be appreciated.  However my birthday was 10 days ago.  I still have remnants of that bouquet I am hanging onto.

Honored Contributor

Roses, two cards and a new car battery.  I'm a very lucky and spoiled woman.  Sloppy joes and fries for dinner tonight because I'm also a lazy woman.  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Roses, two cards and a new car battery.  I'm a very lucky and spoiled woman.  Sloppy joes and fries for dinner tonight because I'm also a lazy woman.  LOL

"A new car battery", I love it.  The gift that keeps on giving.  Enjoy your gifts and Joes!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, please.  After all these years together, we don't go crazy with Valentine's Day.  There will be no diamonds, emeralds or red convertibles for me....LOL   I bought him a card and a funny tee that I know he'll love.  He'll give me a card and probably a small box of chocolates since I'm not dieting right now.  We'll be  on vacation in FL beginning next week so we'll do the dinner and drinks thing then.

Esteemed Contributor

We don't exchange gifts. I would rather get flowers etc. on a regular old day of the week just because and not because FTD, Hallmark or Russell Stover says we should get each other a gift.

Honored Contributor

The post office saved the day and delivered my red shoes..Hip hip hooray for the postal workers

Honored Contributor

A big smooch on the cheek from my dog!

Super Contributor

Turns out I am getting nothing. Sigh....sadness

DH is not a romantic and as the years go on even less effort is being made. He's still in training mode I guess.

I got him a card and some chocolates and he looked very surprised. We ALWAYS get

each other a card, but not not this year.