Trusted Contributor

Re: What do you think you'll get for Valentine's Day, if anything......

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

I'm getting yarn.   LOL.  My choice.  

If you're in the position to receive a gift today, what do you think you'll get?

The news reported how much men spend and it's unbelievable.  Not in my life!!

@qualitygal

A new Mercedes Benz convertible.  In red. With tan leather interior.

Honored Contributor

@petepetey wrote:

Turns out I am getting nothing. Sigh....sadness

DH is not a romantic and as the years go on even less effort is being made. He's still in training mode I guess.

I got him a card and some chocolates and he looked very surprised. We ALWAYS get

each other a card, but not not this year.

Awwwwwwwww..................

Esteemed Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

Is that your dog @threecees?  He/she is beautiful. 

Yes @Winkk She is our only fur baby in the house. Thank You. Meadow is coming

up on a year old at the end of the month.

Respected Contributor

Dirty dishes from the meatloaf dinner I will be making.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Got it yesterday, card and flowers..hubby always gives me things a day early I have no idea why🙄

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Nothing. Nada. Zip. Didley. Never have, never will.

I, on the other hand, have made sure that everyone receives something from Cupid and will be preparing a lovely dinner for everyone. Go me.

On a different note, I hear and see all these ads for jewelry and stuff and wonder...WHO IS GETTING THESE GIFTS?!  I don't mean the cards or the little heart boxes of chocolates from CVS, but the really NICE stuff because I have yet to know anyone who does. The few men I've spoken to about this have answered with obvious disgust in their voice that they hate Valentines Day and will not be a part of the material brainwashing. Thinking back, I don't know any guy who has ever been a fan of the holiday...or woman for that matter. Hmmm....

I’m afraid I’ve never met a romantic man in my life, I’ve heard of them, but never have actually see one in the wild!!😂

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

20190214_082246.jpg

This Big card by Meadow and flowers.20190214_081358.jpg

OMG, my husband brought me that card (as usual, signed by him, the dog, and the bird) last night.   

It had $100 in it, so it was super great.   It's not a 'he's lazy and didn't buy a gift thing, it's a 'he knows that cash is my favorite gift' thing.    I have too much 'stuff' and really, REALLY don't want more stuff, but cash is always a good idea.   I save all those hundreds I get for birthdays, christmas, anniversary, etc, and enjoy that very much.

But the dog on the card looks so much like our Golden boy, that when he saw it he had to have it and he couldn't wait until today to give it to me.   It was very cute.  Smiley Happy   And, yeah, the card is almost as big as the dog!  hehe Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@petepetey wrote:

Turns out I am getting nothing. Sigh....sadness

DH is not a romantic and as the years go on even less effort is being made. He's still in training mode I guess.

I got him a card and some chocolates and he looked very surprised. We ALWAYS get

each other a card, but not not this year.

Ahhh, I feel your pain...I have the same husband, never been even close to being a romantic, but we have a daughter so she now goes with him to get stuff...😍

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

We don't exchange gifts. I would rather get flowers etc. on a regular old day of the week just because and not because FTD, Hallmark or Russell Stover says we should get each other a gift.

I seriously doubt that many men buy their wives and girlfriends flowers because FTD, Hallmark or Russell Stover says they should.  I think they use the holiday to express their thanks to the women they love.  

I still believe in love--and the thousands of ways it is expressed every day in big and small things we all do for one another, and in CVS cards, Whitman's chocolates, and grocery store flowers on Valentine's Day and other days! 

Honored Contributor

I sent myself a dozen multicolor roses that included a teddy bear and a small box of chocolates. Got a great deal on it. Part of trying to take better care of me.

It's a sad day for me, missing my Mom.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"