Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think will disappear in the near future?

Hardcopy versions of newspapers and magazines.
Super Contributor

On 12/26/2014 AnikaBrodie said:

I hope I'm wrong but my answer is Marriage. Every week we get a newspaper listing the number/names of marriages and divorces in our county. It seems the number of divorces always outweigh the number of marriages in our small area of the universe. It appears there is a huge problem with commitment! This is so sad. JMO.

Who says that you need a piece of paper to prove that you are committed to another person?

Two people can be just as committed to each other, as a couple who did decide to marry.

Honored Contributor

Pension plans
Honored Contributor

On 12/26/2014 Autumn in NY said: Magazines

In the last few years I've gotten "free" magazines that I haven't subscribed to and in some cases don't even read. However, after several months (if not more) I get an order form asking me to subscribe to the magazine by a certain date. I'm not interested.

Our local public library subscribes to a variety of magazines and I can borrow them for a two week period if interested. I do this on occasion. I also buy a magazine at a supermarket on occasion if I find I'm interested in a particular article or issue.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

On 12/26/2014 mstyrion 1 said:
On 12/26/2014 mominohio said:

Common sense

Honor

Responsibility

I can't live my life with such a dour outlook. I don't see these things going away and I have faith the coming generations will do a better job than we did--which wasn't good at all!

I think you begin to really be old when you start thinking the generations following you are good for nothing.

Nothing dour about it, and it isn't a reflection of the younger generations, it has been a long slow slide for several generations now. The general decline in these qualities exist even when people with their rose colored glasses don't want to see it. And don't put words in my mouth (see bold area).

Respected Contributor

Doc appts. My doc has an app now, or we can also Skype.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor

I knew that turntables had made a come back, but I thought vintage albums were being used. I just learned recently that NEW albums are being made!

I think desktops will stay because of gamers.

I wish that cable would have "ala carte" options. We have it just for news, sports and pay a fortune.

Super Contributor

On 12/26/2014 ury said:

I read where brick and mortar bank buildings will fade away. Surprising. Seems like banks are constantly being built. Pension programs will be offered less and less.

I go into my bank about once in every 5 years LOL. I was there recently and it was packed. The banker said banks are not going away any time soon.....customers still need to go in to open accounts, close accounts etc.

Honored Contributor

The last of the few remaining true journalists. Used to ""discover news stories"" now they find a story and write it the way they want it to end and they don't let facts get in their way.
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

On 12/26/2014 santaslittlehelper said: Hardcopy versions of newspapers and magazines.

This would be a big bummer as well.