Super Contributor

Re: What do you think will disappear in the near future?

Magazines
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/26/2014 sylviahomeatlast said:
On 12/26/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 12/26/2014 YorkieonmyPillow said:

My daughter is 20 and vinyl LPs are all the rage!

I know, they are back in a big way. They realized what we have known for a long time. Records sound so much better than CDs.

Some people collect vintage records.

Yes, I am one of those people. I have a whole bunch and was just listening to the Beatles White album. It was my dads. Think it is around 45 yrs old and still sounds great. My sister, brother and I split his whole collection which was quite extensive when he died.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I hope I'm wrong but my answer is Marriage. Every week we get a newspaper listing the number/names of marriages and divorces in our county. It seems the number of divorces always outweigh the number of marriages in our small area of the universe. It appears there is a huge problem with commitment! This is so sad. JMO.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

On 12/26/2014 glb613 said:

Natural gas

Coal

Oil

Doubtful. Nothing provides the same energy density, and use is expanding in the world. Just because we'll be hotter in the summer and colder in the winter due to higher energy costs doesn't mean the rest of the world will follow.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

On 12/26/2014 AnikaBrodie said:

I hope I'm wrong but my answer is Marriage. Every week we get a newspaper listing the number/names of marriages and divorces in our county. It seems the number of divorces always outweigh the number of marriages in our small area of the universe. It appears there is a huge problem with commitment! This is so sad. JMO.

Sad, but true. Children of divorce are more likely to divorce, and then they wonder if they should even bother with the paperwork let alone the actual promise.

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

On 12/26/2014 homedecor1 said: Interesting observation re: banks. My spouse is very Leary about online anything let alone doing banking! I went Bank of America on Tuesday 1 teller for both drive-up & teller line. No exaggeration I waited 25 minutes to deposit a check and make a withdrawal (large). Finally was my turn asked this young girl why is she doing both -- her answer to "force you to use online, atm" within the next 6 months of branch will CLOSE as there are other options and teller services are no longer a necessity!" What!!! The closest teller (walk-in bank will be 30 min from me) guess it's time to transfer over to my credit union!
Wells Fargo rules around here, and every branch I see is packed. He who has the paper proof though will come out ahead in a disaster.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/26/2014 Shorty2U said:

Earth if we don't take care of it!

Cable (because they have become a rip off).

By the way we still have vinyl records and play them daily, and vinyl is also back in the form of new music too. My teen granddaughter listens to vinyl (old and new). Just bought her more for Christmas.

Earth? Nope, it can kill us off easily enough, and it always recovers--even from the biggest nuclear events. Cable? No doubt as people want to customize even if it costs them twice as much. Vinyl? It's huge now, the few remaining companies are trying to track down vinyl as well as machinery, and they're searching the world for parts. Per the WSJ last week.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/26/2014 mominohio said:

Common sense

Honor

Responsibility

And we have a winner!

Honored Contributor

On 12/26/2014 anon said:

Libraries and books.

God, I sure hope not! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Trusted Contributor

On 12/26/2014 mstyrion 1 said:
On 12/26/2014 mominohio said:

Common sense

Honor

Responsibility

I can't live my life with such a dour outlook. I don't see these things going away and I have faith the coming generations will do a better job than we did--which wasn't good at all!

I think you begin to really be old when you start thinking the generations following you are good for nothing.

I think we've done quite well in many areas. Medical advances soared for example, and over two billion people obtained more freedom and wealth. The poster brought up some areas though where we have rapidly declined. Class? Just look at what is happening in the world's media. Common sense? The three things that prevent poverty are embraced by a huge segment of the population (education, marriage and then kids after that). I could go on, but typing on an iPad stinks. Personal responsibility? Have a kid and get taken care of for the rest of your life. Blaming everyone or anything for committing a crime and getting away with it. People refusing to save for retirement. These are scary times.