Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you think will disappear in the near future?

On 12/26/2014 YorkieonmyPillow said:

My daughter is 20 and vinyl LPs are all the rage!

I know, they are back in a big way. They realized what we have known for a long time. Records sound so much better than CDs.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Common sense

Honor

Responsibility

Respected Contributor

SOAP OPERAS, ONLY A FEW LEFT NOW!
Super Contributor

*whispers*

People writing thank you notes...

Honored Contributor

On 12/26/2014 AnnaBella said: What do you mean by near future? 10 years? 50 years? I see glasses and contacts no longer necessary....eye problems will be corrected. Also, we will have chips Implanted in us... No need to fill out firms at the doctors etc.... Also retinas in our eyes will be better than fingerprints for identification.

At that point we will be nothing but robots.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

On 12/26/2014 mominohio said:

Common sense

Honor

Responsibility

I can't live my life with such a dour outlook. I don't see these things going away and I have faith the coming generations will do a better job than we did--which wasn't good at all!

I think you begin to really be old when you start thinking the generations following you are good for nothing.

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

I read where brick and mortar bank buildings will fade away. Surprising. Seems like banks are constantly being built. Pension programs will be offered less and less.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Interesting observation re: banks. My spouse is very Leary about online anything let alone doing banking! I went Bank of America on Tuesday 1 teller for both drive-up & teller line. No exaggeration I waited 25 minutes to deposit a check and make a withdrawal (large). Finally was my turn asked this young girl why is she doing both -- her answer to "force you to use online, atm" within the next 6 months of branch will CLOSE as there are other options and teller services are no longer a necessity!" What!!! The closest teller (walk-in bank will be 30 min from me) guess it's time to transfer over to my credit union!
Esteemed Contributor

Earth if we don't take care of it!

Cable (because they have become a rip off).

By the way we still have vinyl records and play them daily, and vinyl is also back in the form of new music too. My teen granddaughter listens to vinyl (old and new). Just bought her more for Christmas.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

On 12/26/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 12/26/2014 YorkieonmyPillow said:

My daughter is 20 and vinyl LPs are all the rage!

I know, they are back in a big way. They realized what we have known for a long time. Records sound so much better than CDs.

Some people collect vintage records.