Valued Contributor

Re: What do you think of ...

I don't like any clothing with sayings or brands of any kind.  I don't like "love" and "family" and stuff like that on walls for decorations.  Hopefully I do and say kindness and not advertize it.  That's all. ::-) 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Tacky and so is she. Appeals to those who include the F word in every conversation, often every sentence.

Trusted Contributor

My immediate thought was that the expression was a rip-off of Jordan Peterson's advice to young men - "Clean your room".  It means stop feeling sorry for yourself, get yourself organized, and do something.  You'lll feel better for it.

"Wash your face" is often the first advice given to someone after they've been crying.  

Esteemed Contributor

So far in this life no so called "inspirational" saying on anybody's t-shirt or other item of clothing has inspired me to do, say or be anything other than what I already am. 

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily 

I didn’t see it but I would not consider it to be a “saying.” Nothing about the message sounds positive or inspirational to me if that is the intended idea. 

I also don’t care for clothing with phrases on them. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jumping in...I take that to mean "Check yourself"....I have a quote board and one I have says "Check yourself..Sometimes you are the toxic person".....

Honored Contributor

I don't like "inspirational" clothing.  

Honored Contributor

Just a gimmick, like most of the ‘inspirational’ clothing. Not for me.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Just saying "Wash your face" to me would mean "grow up", "shut up" and "buck up."

Honored Contributor

It means nothing to me, I don't wear clothing with logos, graphics or sayings on it.