Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: What do you think of this?

Thanks so much everyone - you all have very good points.

Honored Contributor

You had no way of knowing someone in that household worked nights or was sleeping at that time of day.

I live in a townhouse community and many people have signs taped to their doorbell that say "don't ring bell or knock, baby is sleeping" even if they are shift workers like police/fire.  One person cut the wire to their doorbell so that it didn't work anymore.

Being on my HOA board, I feel for people who work nights as the rest of the world doesn't understand their challenges.

But if they don't want to be woken up, they need to take steps to see that that doesn't happen.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure she appreciated your effort.  I am NOT a morning person...at all!!!!  It's all I can do to get up when the alarm goes off much less try to function if I'm awakened from a sound sleep earlier than my alarm.  I'm sure she was probably in a zombie state of mind (like I would have been) and just didn't think to thank you.  As somebody else said, she should have a note on her door not to knock or ring the doorbell until after a certain time.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown