Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think of this wedding invitation?

@FranandZoe 

I think this long time friend was extremely rude .....Before she even mailed out ANY inviations she should have picked up the phone and asked how your husband's health was and inquired if you both you and your husband would be able to attend her daughter's wedding...... Simple as that.....And if he was well enough you would have responded with something like--"we wouldn't miss it"....and she should have given you and your DH priority on the guest list due to your long time friendship!!!!!  

With the way she handled it in such a poor manner, I would have told her "I'm sorry but I wouldn't think of attending without my husband, and it's a shame since we both had been looking forward to going, so we send our regrets".....And I would certainly not send the daughter a gift either....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It's best the moderators close the thread.  You'll keep getting replies even though you've updated the thread. 

I don't understand why people don't read all the replies.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

It's best the moderators close the thread.  You'll keep getting replies even though you've updated the thread. 

I don't understand why people don't read all the replies.

@Bri369   @FranandZoe 

That's easy ....  if a poster here reads something on Page 1 of this thread that she wishes to comment on, she replies to that person's post.   

It's entirely possible it was further discussed downthread, but not everyone has the time to read 70+ comments before commenting. 

Personally, I don't think it needs to be shut down.  OP got her feedback, but others may have similar experiences they wish to share.  It's not the end of the world if they do so.

Esteemed Contributor

And if someone doesn't wish to read any more responses how about not opening up the thread and pass it by.  The coddling that some posters require is amazing, running to a moderator.

Respected Contributor

Never mind...Emily Litella. Better to end with a smile @FranandZoe. Thanks for the update & happy to know that it was simply a misunderstanding. Best Wishes to you & your husband ❤. 

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

And if someone doesn't wish to read any more responses how about not opening up the thread and pass it by.  The coddling that some posters require is amazing, running to a moderator.

@Johnnyeager   

ITA.   

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't like it, I wouldn't go.  

I would keep my thoughts about the situation to myself, unless she asks why I'm not coming.  

Then, and only then, would I tell her what I think about being invited without my husband.   

After clearing my mind I would be prepared for our 50 year friendship to be over.  

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

Man is this deteriorating.  

I do - still - appreciate all the replies. 

But my friend told me Tuesday that my husband wasn't invited.  And the invites were mailed Monday.  So what info did I not have?  Why wold I think things were going to be any different than what she told me?

If hubby and I are indeed both invited we will both go God willing.

If only I am invited then neither of us will go.  I have not seen the actual invittation yet - just the envelope addressed to us both.

Thanks again but PLEASE NO MORE REPLIES!!

@FranandZoe, with even a hint of not inviting both of you, I would sit this one out. Send a nice gift and let it go. As for the friendship, that will be up to you to decide.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I know I shouldn’t but I can’t help myself—I just have to say: This thread is a perfect example of why I always read ALL the responses before I reply. Sometimes a response is just obsolete. 

Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

I know I shouldn’t but I can’t help myself—I just have to say: This thread is a perfect example of why I always read ALL the responses before I reply. Sometimes a response is just obsolete. 

@Teddie 

And sometimes someone reads a post and can't help themselves ... they want to reply to someone's comment.  So what?  

There was a thread last week that I started reading a couple days after it started.  It had 200+ comments, and, sorry, but I didn't have the time to read all 200 comments before giving an opinion on a particular point. 

I prefaced my comment by saying I hadn't read all the posts, so sorry if my comment was redundant, but here's my thoughts ..... 

Not everyone has all the time in the world to read all posts, especially with longer threads, but still want to participate.   Sometimes you just have to cut people some slack.   JMO, of course.