Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think of this wedding invitation?

Zero etiquette and very shabby way to treat a friend. I would never attend. 

I am so sorry for all your husband is dealing with @FranandZoe . 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

I have never heard of such a thing. I don't think I'd be going to that wedding. 

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

So, I haven't read through all the replies, but it seems that initially the OP thought the invitation was directed only to her, but now finds it was addressed to both her and her husband?

So is there any issue at all?  And has this couple been upset for no reason?

( @FranandZoe - perhaps you could clarify this for everyone who has responded.)

@Venezia 

No, IMO, there is no issue.  I don't understand why everyone is so indignant about this. 

I am assuming it was the bride who had the final say on who was invited, not the mother.  

It's also possible that, without realizing it, perhaps her husband's condition sounded like that of an invalid, incapable of travel and partying?  

Perhaps the friend was trying to gently break it to her that serious attendee cuts had to be made even though a final decision hadn't been made?   

If @FranandZoe  is seriously considering ending a friendship of more than 50 years over a communication screw-up, I think she's jumping to conclusions.   I also think she over-reacted to this, without having all the facts.

JMO  

Respected Contributor

"She said they had to cut down on the invitations due to Covid numbers increasing."

The venue may only allow for a certain number of guest and they are required to limit or reduce the number of people they can invite.

Last year people were criticizing couples for getting married and having large weddings. Now people are criticizing those who limit.

You cannot please everyone.

The marriage of my friend's daughter is not about me and my husband. I have not been invited to events and that is okay. Their party, their guest list.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds as though you have been under tremendous stress with your Husband being so ill . Although it does not compare in gravity , I 'm sure your friend & her daughter are under alot of stress planning this wedding dealing with rising costs of food , and  covid attendance restrictions.   I see that you said the  paper invitation was addressed to you & your Husband , however you said your friend said only you were invited.

Maybe your friend  had to make really hard decisions  who they could not invite .  Maybe there is additional  stress  as to  if the venue has enough staff  to serve at the wedding reception  . Maybe they assused since your Husband has been so ill that he might bow out of attending a large gathering with all the reports of " breakthrough covid infection " and the Delta variant.

Frankly, if my Husband was so ill. I would not encourage him to attend.

Respected Contributor

Man is this deteriorating.  

I do - still - appreciate all the replies. 

But my friend told me Tuesday that my husband wasn't invited.  And the invites were mailed Monday.  So what info did I not have?  Why wold I think things were going to be any different than what she told me?

If hubby and I are indeed both invited we will both go God willing.

If only I am invited then neither of us will go.  I have not seen the actual invittation yet - just the envelope addressed to us both.

Thanks again but PLEASE NO MORE REPLIES!!

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

It really helps to read before continuing to respond.

The OP has stated she did NOT have the physical invitation when she started this thread. She has since rec'd it and it was addressed to she and her husband. 

Can't have that now, can we?  Smiley Wink  It'll continue for pages.

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

But my friend told me Tuesday that my husband wasn't invited.  And the invites were mailed Monday.  So what info did I not have?  Why wold I think things were going to be any different than what she told me?

If only I am invited then neither of us will go.  I have not seen the actual invittation yet - just the envelope addressed to us both.

@FranandZoe :  Maybe you could ask the moderators to take this post down or close commenting.

Esteemed Contributor

Telling other posters to stop replying to a thread will work. Sure.

Respected Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

@FranandZoe :  Maybe you could ask the moderators to take this post down or close commenting.

THANKS I just did