Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think of this wedding invitation?

If the invitation is addressed to both the OP and her husband, then I would have to change my reply. 

Honored Contributor

Crass, rude and mean!!!! I woudn't go even if hubby was 100%----you 2 are a team-----and I wouldn't send a gift either--just a card----

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So, I haven't read through all the replies, but it seems that initially the OP thought the invitation was directed only to her, but now finds it was addressed to both her and her husband?

So is there any issue at all?  And has this couple been upset for no reason?

( @FranandZoe - perhaps you could clarify this for everyone who has responded.)

Honored Contributor

If it were me, I simply would decline the invitation and let it be without an explanation.  You don't owe her one.

Let things settle down after the big event, and meanwhile rethink the relationship with a look back to see what has transpired.

Sometimes friendships sort of run their course, play out, or take a step in a new direction.  Maybe it's time for a change!  

Frequent Contributor

I am so sorry to hear of all your hubbie's health problems.  

I think my mouth was hanging open as I read your post.  Such a total lack of compassion from your friend and her daughter!  Unless your friend's daughter sent the invitation prior to telling her mother your friend should have nipped that in the bud.  That was just not right to hurt you and your husband like that.  -- Sincerely, Karen

Respected Contributor

To me, she was just following your cues since you've been telling her 'for months' that he probably wouldn't be able to attend. Many people have had to trim their guest lists the last year+ so they were probably trying to figure things out the best they could given the info you've provided and the current situation. That said, I'd still go but maybe not stay as long and mention that you and your husband were hurt by how this was handled.

Respected Contributor

Even if she were following your clues about the health of your DH, out of courtesy and respect for you and the long-time friendship, she should have included your DH on the invitation.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

To clarify - again:

My girlfriend told me that only I was invited - not hubby; invitation is addressed to both of us.

Thanks again everyone but no need to reply further.

And ps - the way I'm feeling now - if I have to take hubby in a wheelchair he's going lol.  And if he can't make it - like if he's in the hospital - it's going to be too bad - I'll just give a bigger check.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

So, I haven't read through all the replies, but it seems that initially the OP thought the invitation was directed only to her, but now finds it was addressed to both her and her husband?

So is there any issue at all?  And has this couple been upset for no reason?

( @FranandZoe - perhaps you could clarify this for everyone who has responded.)

It seems that the OP had not received the physical invitation before she started this thread. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

All's well that ends well.