Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think happened to the missing plane?

I am watching CNN right now, and they showed the cockpit instrument panel a little bit ago. They showed where one of the switches is on that type of plane. I believe it was the transponder switch.....but don't quote me on this...... Cannot understand how they could have known where the heck they were going, unless they had some other source of communication available on board.......

Respected Contributor

On 3/13/2014 MickD said:

Nunya ~ You are right....It takes too long for me to correct my typos and mistakes today

I remember from other crashes that the black box runs on battery. Which still doesn't answer the question of the transponder.

Yipes, I honestly don't think Malaysia really knows what is going on. What a mess, I feel awful for all those families.

Honored Contributor

Boy, wish the Q would do something about their board being so darn slow. Takes forever to get back to see what has been posted on this thread (all threads)......

Respected Contributor

On 3/13/2014 MickD said:

Ford ~ HAHAHA! Or aliens{#emotions_dlg.w00t}!

If aliens finally decided to make themselves known, this would be a good way to do it. Hmm, I wonder where they'd take our aircraft? Wink

(Edited by TG)

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

On 3/13/2014 nunya said:
On 3/13/2014 MickD said:

Nunya ~ You are right....It takes too long for me to correct my typos and mistakes today

I remember from other crashes that the black box runs on battery. Which still doesn't answer the question of the transponder.

Yipes, I honestly don't think Malaysia really knows what is going on. What a mess, I feel awful for all those families.

And all of the sudden they are getting involved in trying to locate the plane......why has this taken so long to occur?????

Respected Contributor

I don't think it was hijacked, otherwise the hijackers would have claimed responsibility by now & made their demands for whatever they wanted in exchange for the passengers & crew.

I really think there was some catastrophic equipment malfunction that happened too fast for the pilots to react & the plane went down in the ocean. I'm so very sorry for the victims & their families.

Respected Contributor

On 3/13/2014 VCamp2748 said:

I don't think it was hijacked, otherwise the hijackers would have claimed responsibility by now & made their demands for whatever they wanted in exchange for the passengers & crew.

I really think there was some catastrophic equipment malfunction that happened too fast for the pilots to react & the plane went down in the ocean. I'm so very sorry for the victims & their families.

IF I wanted to use a plane again as a weapon........the LAST thing I would want anyone to know is that it's still around and to continue looking for it........I'd buy the plane went down into the ocean......but......peoples cell phones are still active.........water would have knocked the cell phone out in seconds...............................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

On 3/13/2014 VCamp2748 said:

There is the possibility that they don't want to come forward just yet. Think about what took place after 9/11......there were lots of folks wishing they could get their hands on those that knew what happened and were involved in the events that took place.

If it would have gone down in the ocean, there would have been something floating around to be seen by the human eyes......and if it was a crash into the ocean, why were the cell phones still being able to be called......????

Yes, this is sad for the victims and their families.....and I just heard that there were 2 babies on board too.

Honored Contributor

There's so many variables, a true mystery.

Valued Contributor

hijacked.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel