Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think about this - woman jailed for assaulting another with crying child?

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

News reports indicates the child was between the ages of 4 and 6, so it wasn't a baby or a toddler and at least theoretically should have been amenable to some sort of adult intervention...

What do you think?  A sock in his mouth or 2 or 3 Ambien?  Or perhaps a mature discussion about appropriate behavior.....lol

Nawwwww...  Boot camp would probably do the trick...  Oh, and for the mommy dearest too...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Re: What do you think about this - woman jailed for assaulting another with crying child?

This may have been posted earlier, but in any event, the mom got four months jail time from the judge.

Honored Contributor

If she had followed me out to the parking lot to beat me up, she would've been met with a tire iron or a tazer I keep in my car.

My drive to protect my life, or my family's, would supersede my non-violent nature, in this case.

As far as I'm concerned, she could've had a knife or a gun and intended to kill me, or just beat me to death.

She should have also been charged with child abuse, to do this in front of a child, who was probably terrified and traumatized by witnessing such a thing.

4 months is too light, for someone with the mentality that they can just beat up anyone who irritates them.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

I think the woman with the crying child should have promptly removed the child having the tantrum. I for one am tired of people with kids expecting everyone around them to be required to have to deal with their child's behavior! Yes, childrem have tantrums, but that's when you step out of line, and retreat to the car, then deal with the issue. I was in a high end store one day when a child was hanging all over the clothes racks, pulling at all the clothes, the mother then said to the child, "come her with mommy, someone might come along and take you", I responded " noone would want her". Mom quickly left!
Respected Contributor

IMO she deserves any time she gets.

Most kids can be taught to behave in public places without a lot of effort.   If they're ill or cranky, they should take them home.  Unfortunately many parents just tune them out.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
I think the woman with the crying child should have promptly removed the child having the tantrum. I for one am tired of people with kids expecting everyone around them to be required to have to deal with their child's behavior! Yes, childrem have tantrums, but that's when you step out of line, and retreat to the car, then deal with the issue. I was in a high end store one day when a child was hanging all over the clothes racks, pulling at all the clothes, the mother then said to the child, "come her with mommy, someone might come along and take you", I responded " noone would want her". Mom quickly left!

@willomenia

Too funny!

Smiley lol 045.gif
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@beach-mom - why shouldn't she have to go to jail? She followed the woman and beat the ****** out of her.

Just because someone is rude or unsympathetic doesn't give you the right to assault them! SMH

Hi Yorkie - I DO think she should have gone to jail, but I thought 4 months was a little long. But I don't know the whole story. I know nothing about this aunt, and I was hoping someone out there knew more. NoelSeven - I didn't know this was an old story. The article I read was from yesterday. 

That's just what her sentence was.

She'll probably be out in a week or two.

@YorkieonmyPillow

Yep, and no doubt for the overused "overcrowding" reason.