Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: What do you think about this - woman jailed for assaulting another with crying child?

Woman number 1 was way out of line.  Lord knows what that child has witnessed.  I have been shopping with my Son (when he little - he is 21 now) and he was tired and cranky we left.  

He was a good kid and if he was cranky it just was not worth the stress for him, myself and certainly not the other customers.  

I either ignore/play deaf if I hear other kids crying now.  I feel bad for the parents/child care providers.

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think about this - woman jailed for assaulting another with crying child?

[ Edited ]

Since when did it become okay to just let kids scream their lungs out and disrupt the whole store, restaurant or whatever?

Back in the day, people either calmed their kid or took them out to the car ..... or gave them the evil eye and murmered "Wait until you get home, young man!" ..... ( which was often quite effective ).

Nowadays, people think it's ok to let their little monsters scream like crazy and they just ignore them ..... sorry, but  strangers shouldn't have to listen to that!

Honored Contributor

Yet another good reason to leave the kids at home...  Really, neither kids nor cell phones MUST accompany folks everywhere they go...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

It was caught on security cameras.  That violent woman severely beat the other woman.  Followed her out to her car, knocked her to the concrete, beat her face to a pulp.  3 years in jail.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ritasNo1Fan wrote:

It was caught on security cameras.  That violent woman severely beat the other woman.  Followed her out to her car, knocked her to the concrete, beat her face to a pulp.  3 years in jail.

I read the sentence is four months in jail and three years probation.

Trusted Contributor

WOMEN WHO HAVE BRATTY CHILDREN SHOULD LEAVE THEM AT HOME WHEN THEY GO SHOPPING. NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO TOLERATE DISRUPTIVE CHILDREN IN STORES, RESTAURANTS, MOVIE THEATERS, ETC.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@italia8140 wrote:

WOMEN WHO HAVE BRATTY CHILDREN SHOULD LEAVE THEM AT HOME WHEN THEY GO SHOPPING. NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO TOLERATE DISRUPTIVE CHILDREN IN STORES, RESTAURANTS, MOVIE THEATERS, ETC.

Or, alternatively, they can parent them properly and avoid them becoming brats in the first place... Honestly, people should have to pass a series of tests before procreating. Wonder what the failure rate would be...

Trusted Contributor

SteveB, whoops....R.

Respected Contributor

they were in the checkout. Maybe she took a toy off of him that he had picked up and wasn't intenting to buy. I probably would have tolerated his meltdown because they were leaving anyway

Honored Contributor

@ritasNo1Fan wrote:

SteveB, whoops....R.

Woman Wink