Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think about this - woman jailed for assaulting another with crying child?

@Bird mama wrote:

Am I understanding it correctly that the first woman with the kid, deliberately followed the second woman into the lot to knock her out?

Yes. IDK what she did with the child. I agree with Laura14 - it is terrible the child had to witness this - if he did. I totally agree with what baker said too. 

The article I read was an interview with the woman who was assaulted. I hope we get some information from other witnesses in the store. 

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think about this - woman jailed for assaulting another with crying child?

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@beach-mom - why shouldn't she have to go to jail? She followed the woman and beat the ****** out of her.

Just because someone is rude or unsympathetic doesn't give you the right to assault them! SMH

Hi Yorkie - I DO think she should have gone to jail, but I thought 4 months was a little long. But I don't know the whole story. I know nothing about this aunt, and I was hoping someone out there knew more. NoelSeven - I didn't know this was an old story. The article I read was from yesterday. 

Honored Contributor

beach-mom,

It's an old story, I doubt you will find new information unless something else has focused on the story.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom. The attack was in Nov 2014, but the sentencing was on Tuesday...that's why it's back in the news.  

Esteemed Contributor

Don't even get me started on this one!

I was in a restaurant with two girl friends and in the next booth a kid (maybe 11 yrs old) was making a racket because he was being ignored by his parents. We turned to him and jokingly said "behave" with pointed finger and he laughed and quieted down. The father went nuclear on us. He stood up, yelled and threatened us. We tried to neutralize him with an apology, but he was just out of control. He threatened to wait outside and follow us home. Finally the police had to be called and he was advised to let it go. We were totally freaked out.

You just never know how people are going to react. I guess that's why the restaurant wait staff didn't ask the kid to be quiet in the first place. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@beach-mom. The attack was in Nov 2014, but the sentencing was on Tuesday...that's why it's back in the news.  

Good to know, thanks!

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

With the info provided, I'm going to have to go with the jailbird got what she deserved.

Personally, I was always prepared to pick up my child and leave the store, in line or whatever, because IMO, if your child is being disruptive, that's what you should do.

Following the woman with no patience(not entirely fault free) to the parking lot and beating her up is just thug behavior and she needs to do her time.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

Both are wrong but the second woman should have tolerated a crying child and kept her mouth shut. Sometimes looking for a fight, you'll find one

Respected Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

Don't even get me started on this one!

I was in a restaurant with two girl friends and in the next booth a kid (maybe 11 yrs old) was making a racket because he was being ignored by his parents. We turned to him and jokingly said "behave" with pointed finger and he laughed and quieted down. The father went nuclear on us. He stood up, yelled and threatened us. We tried to neutralize him with an apology, but he was just out of control. He threatened to wait outside and follow us home. Finally the police had to be called and he was advised to let it go. We were totally freaked out.

You just never know how people are going to react. I guess that's why the restaurant wait staff didn't ask the kid to be quiet in the first place. 

Ugh I feel your pain. Let me say, I like kids. Mine is older now and raised....I've served my time lol.... Husband and I go out for a quiet dinner while our daughter was out to a concert. We sit down , order and a whole entire little league team comes in. They were screaming, yelling, running all around for an hr. Not one of the parents or coaches said a word to them.  I was never so happy to get in a quiet car in my life. 

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@beach-mom - why shouldn't she have to go to jail? She followed the woman and beat the ****** out of her.

Just because someone is rude or unsympathetic doesn't give you the right to assault them! SMH

Hi Yorkie - I DO think she should have gone to jail, but I thought 4 months was a little long. But I don't know the whole story. I know nothing about this aunt, and I was hoping someone out there knew more. NoelSeven - I didn't know this was an old story. The article I read was from yesterday. 

That's just what her sentence was.

She'll probably be out in a week or two.