Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you think about a Dr leaving his initials on an organ?

You can't fix stupid......

Trusted Contributor

an excerpt:

Surgeon-admits-branding-initials-patients-livers

Liver surgeons use argon beam coagulators to stop livers bleeding during operations, but they can also be used to highlight the area of the organ due to be worked on.

It is not harmful and the marks usually disappear by themselves, but when the female patient had a follow-up operation doctors saw they had not healed and saw the initials there instead.

Esteemed Contributor

Yet another reason why I don’t trust doctors!!

Honored Contributor

I trust Drs. ,we have had superb care  from ours.   They are kind and  very thorough. But none of them would behave like this nitwit

That's why I was so shocked when I read it

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I trust Drs. ,we have had superb care  from ours.   They are kind and  very thorough. But none of them would behave like this nitwit

That's why I was so shocked when I read it

@cherry, I trust doctors, too. There will always be bad apples in any profession. Overall, the good far outweigh the bad. I'll take them any day over quacks and charlatans without a license to practice medicine or those who use their license as if they were quacks or charlatans.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3   with all we have been through recently, I can't even begin to thank the people caring for my husband, enough

They went above and beyond for us. Even yesterday, when he had his colonoscopy ,the brain and spine Dr faxed a letter to  the digestive clinic ,about the proper care to take  of him ,during the procedure.

He saw so many different Dr.s and not 1 of them were anything but kind. They took their time explaining things. We had an ER Dr call twice ,to check up on my husband ,after he went home from the hospital. They made sure he got strong enough meds to kill all of the infection, and changed them twice, to make sure they worked well.

They were all just such kind and caring people. I am humbly thankful for each oft hem

Respected Contributor

Any doctor can be thoughtful, caring and concerned to your face and do things that you have no knowledge of when you’re under anesthesia.   

Honored Contributor

Yes ,but the hospital you use is also a safe guard. A friend who worked at a hospital ,told me years ago, to use one that are affiliated with a church , because they have rules above and beyond a state institution.

I don't condemn all, because of what a few do.  The guy should have been turned in immediately, by the people who witnessed what he did. They should also be in trouble for keeping quiet about a breach of medical ethics

You won't change my mind about the medical profession. We have seen first hand, the best of it. My husband would be dead if not for them

Esteemed Contributor

Did he actually use a tattoo ink, cause contaminated ink is a well known risk.  

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp  who are you talking about?