Respected Contributor

Re: What do you think about Erik Larsen's books??

I am a huge fan of Erik Larson. My favorite is ISAAC'S STORM & his latest; DEAD WAKE. I highly recommend this author!
Regular Contributor

I guess I am in the minority here, but I didn't care much for "The Devil in the White City" while I absolutely LOVED "In the Garden of Beasts". I don't agree that all the characters were unlikable. The Nazis were despicable and portrayed as such in the book. Ambassador Dodd tried very hard to convince his superiors that war was coming and the Nazis were truly evil. He was shut down at every turn. It was a truly fascinating book that described what it was like to live in Germany during the rise of Hitler. I am looking forward to reading his current book about the Lusitania. I also agree that when you read his books, you really feel as if you are transported to the times and places within them.

Valued Contributor

I read Devil in the White City (?) a bunch of years ago and I found it to be a bit tedious. However, his new book, about the Lusitania, gets rave reviews on Amazon and elsewhere and I'm thinking about picking it up. :")

Super Contributor

I too am a huge fan. I found Devil in the White City fascinating.