Honored Contributor

Re: What do you look for in a wallet?

Mine has to have lots of slots for credit cards/rewards cards because practically every place I shop has one.  I don't like the tiny cards that you're supposed to put on your key ring, I think that looks tacky.

It can't be made of leather or other animal skin and that can make them much pricier.

Mine are usually a neutral color, but have had some that were bright orange, pink and turquoise.

I have a beautiful purple one that I found at a boutique in Palm Desert last fall that I'm going to use this spring.

I usually change my wallets about once a year.

Respected Contributor

I guess I look for storage and lots of pockets. I also like a complete zip closure.  I carry a Louis Vuitton zippy style. My wallet weighs about eight pounds because I pack too much into it. Also, I've attached a wristlet strap so I can take it out of my bag and carry it separately 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Valued Contributor

I have a Vuitton zippy. 

All my loyalty cards are tied to my phone number.  I don't have to carry any of those around. 

I have to have a zippered coin area.  I like all my bills to lie straight.  I don't like them all scrunched up.  I carry my ID, my credit cards, my insurance cards, some photos, some receipts, gift cards, and not much else.   I have a couple of blank checks - just in case. 

My husband, on the other hand, picks up every business card he can and keeps them in his wallet.  LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like a leather zip-around wallet where the bills can lay flat.  I have a C Wonder wallet from when they had a stand alone store.  It was a Christmas gift from a friend a few years ago.  I've had many wallets of this style and find them very functional as well as attractive.

For those who carry reward cards in their wallet, there is an app for that.  It's called Key Ring.  You just take a picture of both sides of your cards.  The cashier can scan the picture from your phone instead of scanning your card.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

I carry only 2 credit cards but I also seem to carry around a lot of store discount cards and gift cards, plus library card, bus pass, DL, passport card, medicare & medical insurance cards so I need lots of card slots.I also hate when a wallet does not have a zipped place for change, so I look for that.My wallet must be pretty - I don't want to pull some thing plain or ugly out of my pretty purse when I go to pay for anything. Do you think we really need to worry about RFID? 

@151949I appreciate that you want something pretty to take out. Smiley Happy

I enjoyed seeing what the different styles of wallets and purses are.

This is so nice.

I miss the days of "proper lady shopping" even if they didn't have a lot of money they looked presentable and had manners.

I worked in retail cosmetics for years and I have been handed buttons and hair and other odds and ends so many times!

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan  That used to be me - I would keep the same wallet for years on end , never clean it out and it would be full of every sort of junk! Now , like my purses, I like to get new wallets occasionally and so, since they are cleaned out at least once a year, they no longer contain all the trash they used to have in them. Though you reminded me that DH handed me a button the other day and I put it in my wallet - I need to get that out & sew it on.

Respected Contributor

@151949 That was me too. I had everything in my purse.

Remember on the Let's Make a Deal game show they would ask people for things from their purses.

I would have had a lot of that stuff lol!Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

@151949 That was me too. I had everything in my purse.

Remember on the Let's Make a Deal game show they would ask people for things from their purses.

I would have had a lot of that stuff lol!Smiley Very Happy

Argh me too!   I remember once in high school, there was a big "ta do" because I had one of those mini staplers in my purse. Lol. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

(thread title)

My CCW permit/Med insurance card/drivers license/debit card, and 10 bucks cash.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

I don't worry about RFID protection in a wallet as I have those sleeves that you can buy for your credit cards; that way, protection is not an issue for me. I have bought my last 2 wallets at the dollar store. Didn't realize that wallets had gotten so expensive, as my old one got used for about 5 years (a red Buxton folding wallet). Now I'm using a black and white one that I got for $4. It's about 6" long but fits in all of my bags. I just want room for bill, change & a couple of slots for my ID (majority of my cards are kept in a separate padded card caddy that I also bought at the dollar store.