Respected Contributor

Re: What do you hate about the holidays?

I don't hate anything about the holidays.  I treasure each day spent with family and friends, sad over those no longer with us - but I have learned to pause during the hectic times - look around at the faces I love, savor these moments to store in my memory bank and be grateful for life's blessings. Heart

Honored Contributor

I too love the holidays, and am very Thankful to be here to celebrate......I enjoy seeing family, and friends and having good food and fun conversations...We no longer do all of the spending for adults in my family nor in my husband's family, so that is not a problem here, we only buy for the kids.........We have 3 granchildren, and my sister has 2 and my brother has 2 and that's it.......We focus more on the food, and having fun and playing fun games,etc........I shop online mostly for Christmas, so I am not dealing with the crowds, other than the grocery stores, other than that unless we get a blizzard, I am good!!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

I LOVE the holidays - especially Christmas.  It is reminder of what God gave to the world - His Holy Son - Jesus Christ.  For that, I am eternally grateful!

Honored Contributor

NOTHING!! 

Honored Contributor

I don't hate anything about the holidays, but....

For some crazy reason, the day after Christmas, all my beautiful decorations seem so out of place.  As if they don't belong. 

I still keep them up until after the new year, but it's almost like once the day is over---it's over.  Decorations be gone!

And one other thing I don't like, is to see a decorated Christmas tree (live or faux) in bright sunlight.  It just looks---odd.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

Quite frankly, I'm just glad to be here for Christmas this year!  That seems to be enough.

@jubilant it is good to see you here!

*************  Thank you!  It's good to be back.  It's amazing what these doctors and modern medicine can do for a person these days.   Not to mention all the support from these boards.  I have much to be thankful for.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I too love the holidays, and am very Thankful to be here to celebrate......I enjoy seeing family, and friends and having good food and fun conversations...We no longer do all of the spending for adults in my family nor in my husband's family, so that is not a problem here, we only buy for the kids.........We have 3 granchildren, and my sister has 2 and my brother has 2 and that's it.......We focus more on the food, and having fun and playing fun games,etc........I shop online mostly for Christmas, so I am not dealing with the crowds, other than the grocery stores, other than that unless we get a blizzard, I am good!!!!!!!

@CANDLEQUEEN This past Sunday at my son's home my 3 year old Granddaughter and I had our Halloween project together while he grilled and my DIL watched loving it all.  Have a project with same cookies to make Turkey's in a couple of weeks. She went to wipe some of the excess frosting off her fingers with the paper towel and I said "No, No, No, to be my Granddaughter you have to lick the chocolate off your hands not wipe with a cloth.  She loved it!!  Grandchildren and holidays just does not get any better!

Image result for witches hats keebler cookies

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

Quite frankly, I'm just glad to be here for Christmas this year!  That seems to be enough.

@jubilant it is good to see you here!

*************  Thank you!  It's good to be back.  It's amazing what these doctors and modern medicine can do for a person these days.   Not to mention all the support from these boards.  I have much to be thankful for.

@jubilant

I didn’t know you had a medical problem going on, I am so sorry.  I hope you are doing better now.  

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN This past Sunday at my son's home my 3 year old Granddaughter and I had our Halloween project together while he grilled and my DIL watched loving it all.  Have a project with same cookies to make Turkey's in a couple of weeks. She went to wipe some of the excess frosting off her fingers with the paper towel and I said "No, No, No, to be my Granddaughter you have to lick the chocolate off your hands not wipe with a cloth.  She loved it!!  Grandchildren and holidays just does not get any better!

@beckyb1012 so cute!!!!!!!! So true. My 4 year old granddaughter spent the nite with us this past weekend and we made brownies and she couldn't wait to lick the bowl and spoon! lol!!!!! They are just precious aren't they? Your project turned out super cute!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@beckyb1012 so cute!!!!!!!! So true. My 4 year old granddaughter spent the nite with us this past weekend and we made brownies and she couldn't wait to lick the bowl and spoon! lol!!!!! They are just precious aren't they? Your project turned out super cute!

So that Santa will still come see me the above photo is from the recipe on-line not the finished product she and I did.  They were not very pretty but still very tasty.  Did not want you to think I have any artistic ability at all, I do not but I so wish I did. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."