Honored Contributor

Re: What do you find when you pull your stove out to clean around it?

Clean behind my stove?  I don't understand what you mean......

Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

Lolakimono:  This is funny and really brings back memories of my boy cat of many years ago.  He would always knock his toy under the fridge then come and "tell" me.  When I got down, complete with flashlight and with my head touching the floor so I could see underneath, he would lie down beside me with his head flat on the floor and wriggle with excitement as I tried to snare his toy with an unfurled wire hanger.  You are right, this really was part of his game.

Honored Contributor

I don't want to know. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never considered pulling it out and cleaning under it until last year.  The inside light wouldn't shut off, so I had to pull it out to unplug it.  I couldn't figure out another way to turn off the light, the bulb is enclosed.  After eight years, there were a few dust bunnies underneath and drips down the side.

Honored Contributor

i have a cooktop and a built in oven. the only time they are getting moved is if they need repair OR if i am buying a new appliance. Woman Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Last time mine was pulled out was when I replaced it a couple of years ago.

There must have been at least 3 dozen caps off water bottles. Kitty's favorite toy. She loves to chase them around on the kitchen floor.

It was a bit embarrassing, in front of the delivery guys. Smiley Happy

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have a cooktop and a built in oven. the only time they are getting moved is if they need repair OR if i am buying a new appliance. Woman Wink

same here

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

We snowbird and we have been advised that it is best to pull out all our appliances and unplug them when we leave for the summer.So I get to do a good cleaning behind them when we pull them out. Not generally much back there.

Respected Contributor

This is my experience also except I use a metal yardstick. LOL. My cats seem to slide everything under there....Jingley balls, fuzzy mice ,catnip filled fish and lots of C

@lolakimono wrote:

@fleetwood

Well, my boy cat thinks it's great fun to chase his springs and puff balls around the kitchen until he "loses" them all underneath the refrigerator or the stove.  So every so often, I have to get out my "tools" (flashlight and metal backscratcher) and fish out what he has deposited underneath.  It's all part of the game.

oke zero caps.

Esteemed Contributor

I find lots of cat toys, many empty tea bags which they love to chase. And of course, lots of cat hair and dust. Once in a great while I find a stray pill, which I do my best not to let happen. Not much else.

hckynut(john)