Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you find when you pull your stove out to clean around it?

Jimmy Hoffa.

Esteemed Contributor

Our stove is built in as in tightly between cabinets. So my husband takes out the whole bottom drawer and you can see the whole floor, so he takes the vac in there. Then quarterly he pulls the whole thing out and the floor gets cleaned good with the Haan steamer. We find the usual dust bunnies, and some crumbs.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor

Those pesky dust bunnies ... and pills that seem to always get away from me ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Honored Contributor

Minei is built in and can't be moved.

Before we lived in this house, I would pull out the stove once or twice a year and clean up any spills and dust that would accumulate.

I clean behind the refrigerator at the same time. 

Honored Contributor

@Fona wrote:

Lolakimono:  This is funny and really brings back memories of my boy cat of many years ago.  He would always knock his toy under the fridge then come and "tell" me.  When I got down, complete with flashlight and with my head touching the floor so I could see underneath, he would lie down beside me with his head flat on the floor and wriggle with excitement as I tried to snare his toy with an unfurled wire hanger.  You are right, this really was part of his game.

@Fona

That's exactly what it looks like, except sometimes when he "helps", he knocks it right back under before I have even gotten up off the floor.  Sometimes he darts underneath my armpit as I am one armed looking for treasure.

Respected Contributor

My stove has a drawer beneath the oven that can be removed, giving easy access to the floor for cleaning.  We are having a new floor installed soon, so I'm about to find out how good my method has been. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I haven't cleaned behind my stove since it was installed.  There could be a family of gnomes living back there for all I know.

deepwaterdotter,

If I ever do it - I hope gnomes are all I find.  I'm sure they're there; someone steals my stuff and hides it.  It couldn't be one of the 5 cats, could it?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

I don't find too much now.  The stove sits snuggly between the cabinets and we have those strip "thingies"  that fit between the stove and the counters.  They keep food and spills from falling through the spaces.  We had to replace our stove a few months ago and there was nothing more than a very little dust.

When we had fur babies, we had to move it much more often to clean.  There was always dog hair under there.  And, whatever the cat(s) pushed under....cat toys, pens, anything else that was missing from around the house, lol.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Super Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Jimmy Hoffa.

James Franco smiling-shocked.gif

Respected Contributor

I used to paint the kitchen every few years so I had to pull it out. Always found my hair ties and gallon milk rings.

Now one of my kittens hides under the stove from behind and runs out and scares me when I walk by. Gets my heart going every day.