Honored Contributor

Re: What do you do, when you can work in some "me time"?

Since I retired a few months ago I've had too much time on my hands, aka "me" time.  (Except for this week due to a my hubby being sick.)  I've already gained 5 pounds.  I'm going to check out some senior centers so that I can go out in the after noon.  I do line dancing once a week but because of knee issues, I can't do enough to burn the energy I need to use up.

I'm not complaining because although I want more to do, I'm so happy not to have to go to that job any more.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  NONE OTHER!!! Charles Wysocki!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I'll let you know when it happens. Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I love retirement after working 40 years. I read, I get my books from the library. I go on neighborhood walks, take trips through the senior center, lunch with friends, decorate for the seasons, keep up with cleaning and laundry, relax with tea, coffee, or wine in front of the fireplace, take baths or showers with Philosphy, treat myself to breakfast out, and shop at stores like T.J. Maxx. I get up and go to bed whenever I  please and watch shows like the Golden Girls. Life is good and I don't have to spend alot of money to do these things. I realize I will be slowing down as I age, so want to enjoy everyday.

Honored Contributor

Still working full time so I can only dream about what some of you have described.  I'm wondering if it is best to ease into retirement by cutting back from 40 hours a week to about 25.  To me, that would be ideal but I know many employers might not be open to such an arrangement.