Respected Contributor

Re: What do you do, when you can work in some "me time"?

My first choice is to read on my Kindle.

Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

My favorite "me time" activity would be hanging out on my sofa with my cats, coke zero or coffee, and watching old "I Love Lucy" or "Law & Order SVU" shows. I know it sounds very lame....but, hey, I find it to be a true joy!!!:Woman Happy

It doesn't sound lame at all.  You enjoy the simple pleasures in life -- nothing wrong with that!  

Frequent Contributor

I never have a hard time finding something fun to do. I like to ride my bike, crochet, scrapbook, read, piddle on my iPad, put 1000 piece puzzles together and go shopping in stores like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross, Tuesday Morning and Bed Bath & Beyond. I also like to bake yummy things! 

~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~
Esteemed Contributor

A good long soak in the tub with a yummy soap and a cup of tea. I used maja tonight and it really puts me in a great frame of mind.

Respected Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

I like going for a walk in the woods. I find it peaceful and renewing. I enjoy listening to the birds, the water trickling down the stream, seeing the sunlight through the trees and catching rare glimpses of wildlife – herons, deer, fox and turtles. I would spend all day there if I could. It’s my escape.

cottonball, you worded it perfectly!  I love the woods, more than any other place.  It's so peaceful and the wonder of nature is ever-present.  

I take my horse and trailride there often.  On Sunday, we spooked a doe out of her hiding place and she ran alongside our path, parallel with us about 20 feet away. We were already gaiting so we kept up for a bit.  It was awesome to watch her sprint and leap as we traveled with her.  They are so graceful.  Finally she got ahead and cut in front of us and ran off, disappearing into the thick brush.  

Would never have that experience if I hadn't been out in the woods.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Obviously you don't need to work it in if you have enough time to be on the computer or whatever.

Honored Contributor

Bake

That's my #1 answer. I enjoy cooking, but it's a necessity of life.  Baking is pure joy for me.

Recently I learned to crochet and I love to read and write, as well... oh, and coloring books. I've always loved them but very rarely have time for it anymore.

And of course there's Social Media and the QVC forums.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat

ethyl the gourmet.jpg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@house_cat

ethyl the gourmet.jpg

Is that a Charles Wysocki, @LTT1?

I used to buy his calendars regularly (until I switched to garden calendars).

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I love that! I'd like to have it in a frame. Could you provide more info about that picture?

~ house cat ~